Software
Houzz Logo Print
cpritch12

Fridge Door Question

12 years ago
I see you have a wall next to the fridge side door. Does the wall limit the range that the door can open?
I have a similar issue in my kitchen and am debating between a side by side model or a French door version, and which would have less issue with the side wall.
Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks
Brittan Heights Kitchen · More Info

Comments (2)

  • 12 years ago
    I believe that there is a three inch filler on the wall side of the fridge to allow for better access. Refer to the specifications and instructions for the model you are considering.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    Refrig doors like this typically need to open well beyond 90 degrees in order to allow full access and removal of crisper drawers and the large deli drawer. I usually spec tall storage (pantry, or broom/mop) around 15" to 18" wide on the wall side of the refrig. Check the swing specs for your refrig. But I have found not all manufacturers provide that info. It looks like there is a doorway immediately adjacent to this refrig so maybe they can open that adjacent door to allow an extended swing space for the right hand refrig door.