Software
Houzz Logo Print
angela_cairns

My new kitchen

12 years ago
This is my new kitchen. The old one was hanging off the walls when we moved in last year. We started renovating in June and we finally finished this week. I am do happy with the result x

Comments (9)

  • 12 years ago
    I Ike how open and light it looks without upper cabinets!
  • 12 years ago
    I know you just finished remodeling but of I were you I would put up matching top cabinets. It will make the backsplash pop
  • 12 years ago
    It looks good. I'd add more shelving above the backsplash so everything looks intentional. I really admire DIYers.
  • 12 years ago
    I have 13 base units as well as drawers. So ample storage and the reason for no wall cabinets was they can sometimes make a kitchen look much smaller and I wanted it to look bigger and brighter as it's long and narrow.
  • 12 years ago
    Beautiful! Well done. Don't bother, I have no upper cabinets either; you won't miss them. Indeed it makes your kitchen look much smaller.
  • 12 years ago
    Thank you X
  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    Looks fantastic, + I agree that no upper cabs works! I really love your tiles! Looks like they + your cabinets are a matching cream or off-white. Pretty! I'm sorry, but the white walls kind of make the room look half-finished. If you painted the walls a medium color, the tiles + ceiling will 'pop' + look even more fantastic! What do you think? http://redbirdv.wordpress.com
  • 12 years ago
    Hi the tiles are cream to match the doors but the paint on the walls isn't white it has a shade of pink in it, I think the colour is called nutmeg. Maybe the photograph isnt doing the room justice.