Software
Houzz Logo Print
j2muller

Range hood?

12 years ago
Could you please let me know make and model for the range hood? Also, is it recirculating type or vented to exterior? Thx.
Maria & Jim's Adventurous Victorian · More Info

Comments (3)

  • 12 years ago
    1.) Looks like a Wolf/Viking type hood - there are several manufacturers who make the "angled box" style hoods.

    2.) Considering it's on an outside wall, it would be a crime NOT to duct it out :)

    There are many advantages of ducted range hoods vs ductless - better performance, lower noise, no need to change the charcoal filters on a regular basis. More info: http://www.futurofuturo.com/rangehood-FAQ-10-reasons-to-have-a-range-hood.php
  • 12 years ago
    Thank you very much for your response! I'll definitely check our wolf/viking for options.

    The hood that I need is for a condominium apartment building. The present range hood is not ducted to the exterior, and I am not allowed to renovate the exterior of the building to add an exhaust penetration. So, in this instance, I am stuck with a recirculating type of hood. I am also restricted with the height clearance (I only have 7'-0" cleat to the u/s of a bulkhead).

    Any other suggestions would be most appreciated.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    j2muller, thanks for another question! We reused the client's range hood, purchased about 7 or 8 years ago: a 30" Jenn Air JXU9130 WP. It has served this family well. LInk here:

    http://jennair.com/appliances/details/JXU9130WP