Software
Houzz Logo Print
wain

Polished Concrete Floor Detailing

14 years ago
I would like to see the construction details, specifications for a new concrete floor of this quality. The mix, the reinforcing, the pour schedule, finishing, curing and quality control.
Contemporary Living Room · More Info

Comments (6)

  • 12 years ago
    Is there some salt and pepper showing and some creamy areas? How was this polished? Our floors are awful! Any help would appreciated.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Color variation is typical for concrete. There is no polish, just steel troweled with a clear sealer.
  • 12 years ago
    I thought I could see some salt and pepper in some pictures. Am I wrong? How many coats of sealer did you use? Thanks again.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I'm not sure what you mean by salt & pepper, but any color variation you are seeing is due to the natural variation of the cement, nothing special was done to create that effect.

    I assume we must have used at least 2 coats of sealer, but we weren't there, so we can't say for sure.
  • 12 years ago
    Okay, Thanks again.