Software
Houzz Logo Print
mammabear55

Need help finding a backsplash

11 years ago
I need help finding a backsplash that goes with the Darlington Cambria countertop

Comments (10)

  • 11 years ago
    What color are your cabinets and your floor?
  • 11 years ago
    First of all, thank you for responding so fast.

    My cabinet colour is BM CC-30 Oxford White, and the floor is Olympia tile Kelly Gray with a matt finish. I chose BM CC-500 Ranchwood for my walls.

    I was thinking of having the 3 x 12 glass backsplash, because it very plain and won't compete with the countertop.

    The last two tile places I've been to... have given me a glass backsplash with the name MINT. I'm not really liking it. Of course, it's hard to see what it would look like on the wall, because it's only a tile. I'm not sure, if I should put in a pencil stripe, because my wall is very long.

    Thank you for your input.
  • 11 years ago
    If your not loving it don't buy it. I had second thoughts and now I am searching for a new backsplash after waiting 8 weeks for this one to arrive. Good luck..
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    I would look for large format glass tile in the color of the dark bits in the granite and I would not put a pencil stripe unless you have a very specific colour that you have already in the kitchen. Use grout the same color as the tile for a very clean look, The other option would be back painted glass in large panels.
  • 11 years ago
    Good morning, mammabear, My tendency would be to stay light with the backsplash, but that's just me. I do t like the idea of nice, white cabinets and high contrast backsplash, as I like a light, airy feel.

    If they mean the color mint with those tiles, then I'm pretty sure they aren't a good match. I saw more like khaki tones in the quartz.

    I like your idea of long linear tiles, though. It will make for a nice, clean look.

    I'm also wondering about bringing in the gray from the floor. It seems that should be addressed somewhere in the room. This is where a pencil stripe might come in handy?
  • 11 years ago
    I pulled your gray floor tile from the Olympia site. I see there is a coordinating listello in the Kelly series - you could find a backsplash tile in taupe, then use the listello to marry the floor and backsplash colors.

    The taupe tile below is also from the Kelly collection, but I believe this is a floor tile. You would want something a bit different.

    So, showing your quartz and floor tile, with the listello and an approximation of the taupe for the backsplash:
  • 11 years ago
    It looks just lovely, mammabear - congratulations! I think your colors came together very nicely.

    I hope you love it, and get many years of enjoyment from it. This is a nice, timeless look!
  • 11 years ago
    Thank you. I'm very happy with my new kitchen.
    I would like to wish you a very Happy New Year.
  • 11 years ago
    Happy new year to you as well, mammabear! How can it not be, wi a new kitchen?:))