Software
Houzz Logo Print
seazr

window/door help

11 years ago
last modified: 11 years ago
I just bought a house. The house has plantation shutters throughout except for the two large windows and slider looking into the backyard. I like the view to the backyard so I'm not putting shutters on the windows, instead I am getting roman shades--which I will likely never put down. Instead of putting a window treatment on the slider, I m planning to replace the slider with a modified French door. (Because of the size of the opening, it works best to have one operational door and a same-size side-lite on either side of the door. My question is since the windows are one lite, wouldn't it be consistent to have each of the "door panels" as one light ? I am so accustomed to seeing doors with multiple lites, it seems like I should be doing that but then I don't think it would match the windows . . . (BTW. the furniture belonged to the seller; the house is now vacant.)

Comments (6)