Software
Houzz Logo Print
houzzerpolls

7 Rooftop Patios Reach for the Stars. VOTE for your favorite!

14 years ago
These photos are of some of the most popular rooftop patios on Houzz. Which one would you like to lounge on?

VOTE and let us know what you love about it!

Know another rooftop that deserves attention? Link us up in the comments.

Comments (29)

  • PRO
    14 years ago
    The NYC Townhouse is just lovely (perfect balance and looks oh so comfortable)! Some outdoor sculptural art always adds a unique flair and elegance to a space.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    I love Decor Demon and Modern Rooftop. So many fun elements with Decor Demons choices. The painted rug, table with chandelier, pops of red all make it funky and fun. Modern Rooftop with all that I see in the foreground and background looks to be a great gathering place for many occasions. Spectacular view as well.
  • 14 years ago
    I voted NYC Townhouse. Comfortable, plant life, fireplace...plus, plus, plus!
  • 14 years ago
    I voted for the NYC Townhouse too. I love that it feels like an extension of the adjacent space, plus the fireplace...plus it feels like the edge is wide and higher than some, which I now realize probably means I have a latent fear of heights. ha.
  • 14 years ago
    A water view makes everything better :-)
  • 14 years ago
    I voted Modern Rooftop Garden: It is stunning, warm, romantic, beautiful scenery, TV even and the lighting- it is very nice.
  • 14 years ago
    I voted for the NYC townhouse as well. Although, I would love to see a photo of a more practical rooftop patio for those of us who have wind issues. Most furnishings typically shown would not stand up to any real wind gusts.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    I voted for Outdoor Livings Spaces but I love them all! Nothing beat the outdoors, especially the wide open view space of the one I picked. Ready to get outside right now!
  • 14 years ago
    How do you attach the deck to the roof without making holes in the roofing material? We are having a TPO system roof installed on our building that is like a swimming pool liner and I can't fill it with holes. Clue me in.
  • 14 years ago
    this was tough, not because I loved them all but because they all seem to be lacking in different elements. I voted for NYC because it looks the most inviting overall. The furniture is relaxed and comfortable looking, there are some plants, and a fireplace. I liked Fair because it had the water feature, plants and the fireplace, but I'm not a fan of the lack of seating and the two chairs looking kind of uncomfortable, and a nice smooth surface for bare feet would be better. I also liked the views of Rooftop Patio, and I liked the plantings in Roof Garden. My ideal roof top would have everything. Views, comfortable and plentiful seating and lounging, fire, water, tons of plants, a smooth floor, if room allowed a dining table AND lounging area would be great. In certain climates it would be fantastical to have some way of covering and/or enclosing the space during crappy weather. Oh, and I know it's not always possible because of the weight and flood potential but a hot tub would be first on my list for the rooftop, if it were allowed. Just keepin' the dream alive y'all!
  • 14 years ago
    I liked the NYC townhouse mainly because of the color combinations of furniture, sky, plants and view.
  • 14 years ago
    The green brings a touch of nature to the area...
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    nyc townhouse one defines an outdoor room space- it looks like a place to hang out with friends the other ones are too spars or too busy. I do like the use of succulents in the marina del mar one, but it lacks definition of the space.
  • 14 years ago
    NYC Townhouse looks very cozy; I would never have guessed it was in a big city. Anyway that is why I liked it best. Cozy; inviting and private
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    zidog I have to agree with you that all of them have loads to love but I felt they also lacked certain elements, I voted for Modern but did not like the long table which makes dining for two rather strained and the benches did not look comfy for long leisurely dining either.
  • 14 years ago
    NYC Townhouse has my vote. Such a inviting place to sit and chill . Very comfortable looking love it. 2nd choice would be roof garden its more laid back , love the plants 3rd choice would be Modern roof top. Love the table and punch of color with the orange but not crazy about the benches once again. Although they are very nice I just happen to like chairs instead
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    Roof Garden did it for me because i loved being surrounded by the greenery. I think it would still look great on those cold New York nights as well as the summer,
    Marie
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    Love the Dufner Heighes Patio only wish the furniture could be of a kind that could withstand the wet weather eg. Bamboo, Cane etc. where one need not bother about the Rain & Snow. Otherwise the design & concept is a beauty.
  • 14 years ago
    last modified: 14 years ago
    I choose the Modern Rooftop Garden. I love the modern style combined with the plants in the same style. It's also handy that the seating area is covered when it rains. The colors are fun and there also a plasma. It's actually a fun balcony while it's modern. I like that you have privacy on the balcony and the view with all the city lights is also beautiful.
  • 14 years ago
    I think outdoor spaces should look like your outside, which is why I chose the roof garden. Greenery is the outdoors. Otherwise, I could sit inside and look at a nice view from my cozy couch without the bugs.
  • 14 years ago
    None of the above. I would much prefer a nice, simple rooftop deck in Greece with a view of the water (although I'd want to add a little greenery around the edges). I don't need fancy; I need cozy and intimate: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-24p1XS8FL9I/TbGmvA_7YNI/AAAAAAAABLU/BtAQXkvRPX0/s1600/Picture+18.png
  • 14 years ago
    Loved the garden feel. Would have loved to see some type of sun shade.
  • 14 years ago
    I would love to spend some time in any of these patios, but I still think the entire Fair Project from Laidlaw Shultz will take my vote.
  • 14 years ago
    Missing my favorite rooftop!
    Modern: McKinney Avenue · More Info
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    NYC Townhouse has great modern color and looks cohesive to the interior space.
  • 14 years ago
    Would have liked to see more creative shade options
  • 11 years ago

    The last one "Roof Garden" is simply stunning!

  • 11 years ago

    I liked the Modern Rooftop Garden over looking Dallas. Outstanding views and a layout perfect for entertaining. Not a big orange fan; I would have chosen a different color, but otherwise it's prefect!