Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
doodys_gw

Something I've always wanted...

doodys
13 years ago

Just had to show the vintage metal chairs I found and loved the bright red color.It made my day...and only fifty dollars for them both....{{gwi:138684}}

Comments (15)

• laurastheme
    13 years ago

Lucky you. I'd love to have some of those, too, but I've seen them here for $100 or more each and they were all rusty.

• maozamom NE Ohio
    13 years ago

Lucky you. I love vintage spring chairs.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

They look FABULOUS in your garden setting there, doodys! Great buy! One you'll enjoy for yrs! TFS! Jeanne S.

• organizedsarah
    13 years ago

Lovely chairs! I wonder if those chairs are more common in certain areas of the country. I live in Washington state now, and never see them anywhere around here. I used to see them when we lived in the south (Georgia and Alabama). I love em! Do you think they're a regional thing?

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

I love them too. Red is particularly nice in my opinion!
    Kathy

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Prestonsnana, maybe they'd rust out too much in Washington to be popular there. I remember seeing them everywhere around Wisconsin when I was a kid. Very pretty red and that is a decent price for them. They were always fun to rock back and forth although they got hotter than heck in the summer sun! Around here, aqua was a popular color in these chairs.

• kirkus
    13 years ago

ABSOLUTELY LOVE your chairs!!!! I collect old, metal chairs. These are two I bought at a garage sale for $5 a piece! The lady who sold them said I would want to paint them a more pleasing color! I love the colors! Left them and use them sooo much! :o) Thanks for sharing your beautiful chairs! Bear Hugs! Kirk

{{gwi:138685}}

• nonacook
    13 years ago

We had them in the South, but with our humidity they
    rusted and in a few years, if not diligently cared for,
    would rust through.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

LOVE your new chairs....love the rocking/bobbing type the best! Great find for you!

• jwahlton
    13 years ago

I love those chairs. They remind me of when I was a kid going to my Grandma's for summer

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

I love those and they are so pretty in your yard. I see the reproductions ever so often, but not the vintage. I think rusting was really a big problem. I have a vintage glider and chairs and I have to prep and paint them almost every other year, but I love them.
    Frou

• chelcass
    13 years ago

Love this type of chairs. I also collect them. I have about 5 so far and a metal glider. They do seem to be more available in the South. I remember my grandparents had several metal chairs and we would all sit out in the backyard and visit. Ahhhhhhhhhhh the good old days! I love the red!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

The red looks wonderful with the fence color & greenery of shrubs. In So. Dak. I remember a light turquoise color & yellow,occasionally ,Christmas green color. I like the red!! Jan

• goldenpond
    13 years ago

I love them but they burn your BUTT irght off in Florida! I REALLY REALLY want an antique glider,couch size oh yeah.

• lizzardly
    13 years ago

I love the chairs, but that's a really cool looking table between them too. Was it made from recycled materials?

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES