Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
trashydj

gutter nail dragonflies

trashydj
11 years ago

my stepson gave me some gutter nails to create something and I did dragonflies and am working on butterflies also

Image link:

Comments (15)

• diggery
    11 years ago

Oh wow...I do love me some dragonflies
    and these are beautiful! Wish I could
    see his face better. Can you tell me
    about the eyes?

blessings,
    ~digger

• nonacook
    11 years ago

These are cute!
    How long are gutter nails? I am not
    familiar with those-I have no gutters.

• chickiebabeblue
    11 years ago

Beautiful! They look so graceful, like the real thing.

• rosiew
    11 years ago

trashy, very, very cute. How about a tutorial?! PLEASE!

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

Dragonflies are my favorite! Would love a little tutorial if you have the time! Cute, cute, cute!

• trashydj
    Original Author
    11 years ago

the nails are 8 inches long they have a head on them I paint a 1/2 moon for a mouth on top of the headthen find some easy bendable wire wrap a piece around the back of the head and twist to make tight then roll wire all the way down to make eyes then push eyes forward a little then take a piece of wire double the size of nail string beads all the way to the end of the nail take whats left of the wire wrap back upwards in between each bead for the wings I just make 2 alike for each side and slide the other end of the wire
    down inside wire where you wrapped the body
    if you have any questions just ask will help as much as I can

• sunnyca_gw
    11 years ago

Very nice! Hope to see your butterflies too! TFS Jan

• luvs2click
    11 years ago

Great idea - I have lots of these gutter nails lying about in the shop - may have to try it!

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

Thanks for the instructions!

• rosiew
    11 years ago

Ditto the thanks. Will be a much fun thing to do with some of my young friends.

• trashydj
    Original Author
    11 years ago

am glad to share anytime you can also make a smaller version with the drywall screws that another member posted thats what got me started enjoy and any questions I will be happy to try and answer them for you

• rosiew
    11 years ago

trashydj, spent hours yesterday cleaning my shed, feel ever so virtuous, and in my moving/tossing/consolidating discovered several long bolts I can use to make these and wire which I just hadn't had the heart to toss into the recycling bin. Now will just wait for a visit from some youngsters to make them with me. Thanks again!!

Rosie

• trashydj
    Original Author
    11 years ago

you all are moxt welcome and would love to see your bolt ones

• rosiew
    11 years ago

trashy, have postponed making for a couple of weeks. Granddaughter is going to have some oral surgery. Will take all supplies to her home the next day - hoping to distract her from the pain, bless her heart.

• trashydj
    Original Author
    11 years ago

oh that will help her for sure to feel better and if I can help you just let me know

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County