Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susiewantsroses

More Curb Shopping Makeovers

susiewantsroses
15 years ago

A very old wooden ladder was tossed. A very tired rusted birdcage needed some love.

BEFORE

{{gwi:143840}}

AFTER

{{gwi:143841}}

Next I will discover a new purpose for them.

Comments (9)

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

I'm loving the yellow that everyone is using!! Great job on the ladder and birdcage!!

• susiewantsroses
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Forgot to ask ya'll for all possible ideas to continue on with these pieces. susie

• smickerdoodle
    15 years ago

I think the birdcage would be great as a fairy house with plants and such....maybe set some pots of flowers on and around the ladder someplace in the garden...great finds Susie...

• luckygal
    15 years ago

Great finds, Susie!

I'd fill the birdcage with tealights in glass holders and hang it in a tree or from a shepherd's hook.

I'd use the ladder as a trellis or open it fully, place yellow painted boards across the rungs as shelves and put potted plants or tschotkes on it.

Hope to see pics when you decide! :-)

• cindee11461
    15 years ago

Great ladder and birdcage. I love how you re did them! The yellow really sets them off! I have seen birdcages used to set a plant under on a table etc. Like ivy so it grows out the cage. Ladders are nice to hold plants or whatnot in the garden(-:

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

susieroses...I am LOVIN' your YELLOW saves!!! The awesome metal chair & your cute yellow table ... and now these! Here's a pic I have saved in my "future projects" album from someone on this GJ site. (someone out there, who are you?...take credit for this ladder pic!) Great recycling! TFS! Jeanne S.

{{gwi:143843}}

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

SusieRose, you are fast making me a fan of yellow!! It looks great for yard stuff and I never would have thought of using it.
    There are ladders and birdcages in our inspiration albums, not sure which ones at the moment. Probably Misc, or garden vignettes tho.
    Jeanne, I'm not sure if I have this one saved, but if not its going in there too!
    I painted my ladder....purple, big surprise....and put birdhouses on it. But it sure doesn't look 1/10th as good as this one.

hugs, Karen

• imjustsam
    15 years ago

I have my old ladder in the veggie garden. I let the cucumbers climb up on it and also add a basket of flowers or 2 on it for some color. I usually get baskets at the TS for pennies.

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

susieroses...just wanted to add a note...I HAD to buy an enameled teapot today at an antique store...I was looking for a wire basket...but it "jumped" at me...love my "chocolate ones"...so this little honey will be used to water potted plants, too! BRIGHT YELLOW!! Thanks, susieroses, for the inspiration!!!

imjustsam..I had an old ladder in the garden, too, a couple yrs. ago...for sweet potato vine (I think) to grow on...not successful...but I think I will try again with your idea of the basket'ed flowers...TFS! Jeanne S.