GET IDEAS
SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
lawncadet

Craftsman mowers... why all the hate?

lawncadet
13 years ago

Okay, so my Lawn Boy 10210 finally was declared dead after 15 years of use. No biggie, I still have a 10313 and a 10424 to quench my Lawn Boy desires. However, after leaving the repair shop that dealt me all the bad news about my 10210, I realized that although I don't really need to replace it... I now only have 2 mowers instead of my usual stock of three! Kind of ridiculous, but I really like using different machines... keeps it interesting! So, on the way home I stopped by Sears and found a returned Craftsman push mower with a Briggs 6.25 engine on it for 120.00. I pulled the trigger if only for the motor! Anyway, I came home and mowed with it immediately and I was quite impressed with the power and mulching performance. So, my question is why all the hate on Craftsman products? I have one of their trimmers, blowers, tillers, and hedge trimmers and they have all been excellent equipment. I know they aren't particularly pro commercial grade stuff, but the mower I got today seems sturdy enough. Now, I probably won't get 15 years out of it like I did my Lawn Boy but I see no reason not to expect a long life from this mower. I believe there may be a bit of mower snobbery going on here! I honestly got as good a cut and mulching performance with this Craftsman than I have any of my Lawn Boys. Don't get me wrong, I am a sucker for those little green machines, but I was happily pleased with this little Craftsman's performance.

Comments (19)