Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jon1_gw

Noise canceling headphones??

jon1
14 years ago

Anyone use Noise Canceling headphones while doing yardwork? if so do they help? I was thinking of using them for doing line trimmer work and lawn mowing.

thanks

Comments (4)

• gator_rider2
    14 years ago

I used them a long time 10 years they work best around other people where hear what being said easyer. I think they knock out 85 db's and above. If have ringing in your ears at night after run something over 90 dbs to 110 dbs they lower ringing sound. 10 minutes per day time limit over 85 dbs without hearing protection. Carrying around decimal meter all day is fun and awaking monitoring sound around you double hearing protection needed around 2 cycle engine plugs and mufes.

• fruitjarfla
    14 years ago

Suggest also looking at ear plugs that are used on gun ranges as they also reduce considerably the loud sounds.

• photoguy7
    12 years ago

I have heard some great things about Jamplugs. They are basically earplugs and headphones (earbuds) combined.

You might want to give them a look : ) Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Jamplugs website

• Ubique
    12 years ago

If you want silence, use muffs rated for the type of noise you want to cancel. If you want to listen to music while working you will probably do as much damage to your hearing by having the volume set too high. There are tons of 20 somethings walking around with hearing loss already because of high volume ear buds and earphones. Tinnitus is not fun and it doesn't always go away. After firing all kinds of weapons during 33 years in the military, I can no longer enjoy complete silence because of the ringing.