Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
butter_fly_gw

WANTED: seed swap

butter_fly
17 years ago

I was just wondering if anyone would be intrested in a seed swap?

Comments (48)

• pitimpinai
    17 years ago

Hi Butter_fly,

I am interested in your Petunia. What color is it?
    I'll check my stash and send you whatever I have on your want list. Most are lef over from last year, though. Most of the 2006 seeds are not ripe yet. Bummer.

Please let me know if interested.
    Thanks.

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

You have a beautiful garden. What is that plant with the huge leave right in the center of your first pic. It is amazing. You have some flowers I would love to have. Do you have any double columines? As for my petunias, I have both wave and uprights but the colors are mixed and some hybrids, so there is yellow, white, purple, pink, and who knows what else. Just let me know.

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

How about a flower swap for us winter sowers! It will be great.

To join the fun, post a message here in this forum or on the ws page and email me for my address. Please title your email WS Seed Swap or something of the likes. There are not really any rules but please include the following.

Please put about 25 seeds per packet.

Please send the following info with your seeds.
    the name of the plant both common and latin if you know both. Also sun and water requirements and hardiness information on the packet. You can also include any other information you have or feel like sharing. Also please inclued your GardenWeb name on the packet.

Please put your seed packets in a padded envelope. Include an extra padded envelope that is addressed to yourself and includes the same amount of postage that you put on the outside envelope for me to send your seeds back.

You may also include a brief want/wish list. Remember short;0) Just write down on a piece of paper 3-5 seeds you would like to have the most. I will try to fulfill at least one of everyone's wishes, depending on the seeds that are in the swap. If you would like to be totally surprised, you can skip the want list. At the top of the list you send with your seeds, please print your name, address and gardenweb name.

Include a list of all the seeds you are sending. No more than 3 packs of the same kind, unless bonus packets, but send any number of packets from 1 on up. At the top of this list also write your name, address and gardenweb name please. Just to keep everything in order
    If you would like to include "bonus" packets please put "bonus" on them.
    I will post to this forum and the WS forum when I receive your packets of seeds in the mail.
    As soon as all the seeds are in, allow me about a week or tow to get it all sorted. I will post to this forum when the packages are sent.

Please include an extra stamp for bonus packets, if possible

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me when you email me for my address.

And just one more thing. This will be my first time hosting so I will do my best to keep everyone happy.

I hope to hear from you all.
    Thanks

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I guess I should add that I would like to have your seeds by the 5th of November so please mail them no later than the 1st

• prairiewinds
    17 years ago

I'm in. Just let me know your address. Thanks!

• Julie
    17 years ago

Cout me in on this round robin! There is a great group of folks here- and this should be a Maaah-velous swap!
    Thanks so much for hosting- I am sure you will do a great job of it!

Julie

Julie_MN

Here is a link that might be useful: My member page...

• albertar
    17 years ago

Butterfly,
    Hi, is this a round robin or a seed swap? I thought it was a seed swap, round robins work differently than seed swaps.
    Alberta

• gardeningdummbie
    17 years ago

count me in! ms butterfly, i sent you an email

• clawskeeter
    17 years ago

What a great idea! I'd love to be a part of this seed swap -- just let me know where to send the seeds!

clawskeeter

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Okay, I have sent you all an e-mail with the address. Please let me know if you didn't get them and I will resend it. It should be fun. I am so excited to host my first swap!!!!! Thanks Kim/butter_fly

• gardeningdummbie
    17 years ago

ok, i'm total newb to swaping and gardening altogether, but i do have alot of seeds that i've collected (mostly in other people's gardens)

can i send in seeds that were donated/given to me? from a neighbor, co-workers, grandma & mother in law? (little begging and pleading got me tons of seeds)

i ask this question because i haven't had much experience growing most of these seeds myself, but planning to have a glorious garden w/these next spring, dont know too much about most of them yet.

I did collect alot from my own garden, but most of the seeds i plan to send into swap really aren't "my own" seeds. anyone mind getting 2nd or 3rd hand seeds?

i know..., i'm clueless

-EJ

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Send them on in. Just put as much info as you know on the packet. It will be fun!!

• Julie
    17 years ago

E.J.-
    A seed is a seed is a seed- how it came to you is not nearly as important as your desire to share the wealth!
    I am sure none of us 'Seed Snatchers' would look down our noses at you for being so industrious in your aquisitions (Congradulations!- you have joined the crowd of us)!
    True- some folks want only commercial packs- or non open pollenated seed- but they are VERY CAREFUL how they aquire the seed as well.
    I do try to keep on my personal- not posted list where the seeds came from- swap- my own-"feild" gathered or purchased- just in case any one asks- But my trade list says- most are from my own open pollenated seed- and some are trades and purchases alike-
    I think truth in labeling is as best an offering as any of us can give- open pollenated- commercial- and labeling a seed as the mother's plant name is as good as it gets for most of us- if you know it was a Yellow Daisey like flower- label it as such- if you know it came from a Rudbeckia with a yellow/greenish eye with petals that were darker in the center fading to lighter at the tips- well tack that on- if you KNOW the rudbeckia mom was 'Prairie Sun'- well- there you have it! It's done!
    Adding sun requirements and Zone and Annual- Perennial- distinctions- or growing needs are really icing on the cake! And some of you all are great cake decoraters with stickey labels and pictures and all! WHEW!
    I know I am looking forward to receiving some of your seeds in this RoundRobin/Swap!
    Julie

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Perfectly said, all the seed stealing means is that you have now created an addiction. This means that where every you go, you carry around tissue, you always take your walks at dusk, and best of all your significant other brings seeds instead of flowers!!!! This is an addiction that we are happy to support appricaiate and more often than not encourage you in. Happy stealing!!! Looking forward to your ( or your neighbors) seeds!!!

• mnwsgal
    17 years ago

Please add me to this seed swap. This is my first swap though I have been collecting and sowing seeds for years.
    Bobbie

• uptomyeyeballs
    17 years ago

I would love to join the swap send me the info and I'll start putting together my packets!

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi y'all. We already have 10 swappers with plently of time for more to join. It is going to be great. I am really excited. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks butter_fly/kym

• dem_pa
    17 years ago

Please add my name to the winter sowing swap.

dem-pa

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Guys, so far I should have e-mailed you all the address so if you didn't get it please let me know. Thanks. Kym/Butter-Fly

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

We are up to 11 swappers with lots of time left for others to join. Don't be shy, we have some great traders with some great seeds. Last night I made 24 packages and am making more tonight. It should be fun, I am really excited. Thanks kim/butter_fly

• gardeningjunkie
    17 years ago

Hi, I'd like to join, please let me know where to send the seeds.
    gardeningjunkie

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Gardening junkie I sent you and email. Thanks

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Dem_pa, your seeds for the swap are here. You went all out. Thanks

• jburesh1388
    17 years ago

Is it too late to join this swap? I can send about 10 packs or so.

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

You are more than welcome to join. We have about fifteen swappers so far. It is going to be great. Just send me an email and I will get you the address. Thanks

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

We have about 17 swappers should be fun. More are welcome.

• dirtysc8
    17 years ago

Would love to join the swap. Just let me know your addy~

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

mswsgal Your seeds for the swap are here. Thanks

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oppps. Sorry, My mind seems to have left for a moment. WRICHARD your seeds are here, not mswsgal. Anyways there are some great seeds. Thanks Kym/butter_fly

• jburesh1388
    17 years ago

Here's a question: Can we just send you a label for the return trip of seeds? You can then put the label and stamps on the bubble envelope we send you. It saves us having to pay postage to send two envelopes to you.

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Go for it. Just remeber the postage please. Thanks, Kym

• jburesh1388
    17 years ago

I sent off my seeds today. The post office put a stamp inside for me worth $.63.

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Awesome, I will look for it in the mail. I am getting excited. Thanks, Kym

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

jburesh and missmshell your seeds for the swap are here!!! Thanks

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi everyone. Just a list of the swappers so far, just email me if you want to join in or if I haven't sent you the address. I have sent everyone two emails with the address I believe( maybe more...Sorry) Just to be on the safe side. Anyways here is the list *means seeds already here. Thanks

Julie_mn
    mswsgal
    uptomyeyeballs
    dem_pa*
    stacy2564*
    missmshell*
    JBuresh1385*
    wrichard*
    drippy
    candycow
    smdmt
    margaret6a
    ddensmore
    jessew
    babbalouise
    schmily
    moonphase
    albertar
    prairiewind3
    gardeningdumbie
    clawskeeter
    gardeningjunkie
    dirtysc8
    tracey_nj6

should be a good one!!

• Margaret6a
    17 years ago

Butterfly,
    My seeds went out to you today. Thanks so much for all the work ahead of you. Margaret6a

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi, we have a two more swappers joined in. Should be fun. We are up to 27 or so.

mnwsgal, your seeds for the swap are here. Thanks

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi guys just wanted let you know whose seeds came today.

Tracey_nj6
    Prairiewind
    duane456
    gardenjunkie

Thanks

• villagegarden
    17 years ago

Hi Kym, I would like to join if it is not too late. I could pack up the seeds tonight and mail them to you tomorrow if you would send my your address. Thanks for hosting this swap.

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi, villagegarden, sent you an email. Clawskeeter your seeds are here and thanks for the extra:0). Kym

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    17 years ago

I could have sworn I just posted and submitted a message here, though don't see it.

Anyway, May I be included please?

Sue

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

chemo you posted on the ws forum not the exchange. I posted on both so more people would see it. I sent you and email please let me know if you got it. thanks

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi guys, Ej ( gardeningdummbie) and margerat6a your seeds are here. Thanks

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Candycow and dirtysc8 your seeds are here. thanks

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi mmdmt and Nicole ( I don;t remember your GW name, Sorry!!!) Your seeds are here. The swap deadline is almost here, please let me know if you will need a couple more days to send your stuff in. Thanks to all for participating. Kym

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Moonphase your seeds are here. Thanks Kym

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

ptp813, jselwa, and uptomyeyeballs your seeds are all here. Thanks

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Okay Guys, the deadline is here. I am still waiting from albertar, ddensemore and jessw. Please let me know if you are still participating. Thanks everyone. I will let you know when the last of the seeds have come in. Kym

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio