Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jay_haitch

Does Snapper make a Broadmoor equivalent?

jay_haitch
13 years ago

I thought the Snapper branded line had all the models of Simplicity, just with a different deck. Their website only shows the Regent equivalent. Did they stop making anything branded as Snapper above the Regent?

Comments (6)

• sergeant
    13 years ago

To answer you question Yes the only Clone of the simplicity tractor under the snapper label is the regent I think Briggs & stratton the parent company is trying to focus in on this in the link below. But you can get a Simplicity now in Craftsman clothing

Here is a link that might be useful: Snapper NXT

• sergeant
    13 years ago

The new Simplicity clone

Here is a link that might be useful: Simplicity in Black and Yellow

• jay_haitch
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the information. Much appreciated.

That Craftsman coloured Simplicity is surprisingly homely. The NXT seems somewhat gimmicky to me.

I'm looking for a small lawn tractor that can also handle a snowblower. I was thinking of the Broadmoor because of its heavier frame and Automatic Controlled Traction which can come in handy in the winter. But I actually don't like striping. I'd rather have my lawn look like a nice green carpet than a baseball field, just my preference.

I guess I'll need to look at a Broadmoor and compare it to a Snapper LT200.

Thanks again.

• sergeant
    13 years ago

Broadmoor Has a K57 trans and the Snapper LT 200 has a K46 trans it basicly a Simplicity Regeant without the deck rollers in the long run the Broadmoor would probably be up to the snow removal job Bettter than the LT200. Not saying a K46 won't handle it because it will it is just nice to have that Automatic Traction Control feature in the winter time even though you'll probably have weights and chains. I own 12 machines total 3 Deere's, 5 Cub Cadet's, 1 White, 1 Ingersoll and 2 Simplicity's I just think you'll be happier with the Broadmoor over a Red colored Regeant. The current regent just at least to me doesn't measure up for your needs. Things I don't like about the Regent or it's clone is the whole hood has to be removed when servicing the engine You have to remove the light bulb from the headlights as well when removing the hood. You have a choice of 3 diffrent snow Blowers with the Broadmoor Models which are a 42inch Two stage blower or a 42inch or 46inch single stage snow thrower. The Regent or it's clones you only have the choice of a 42inch single stage snow thrower. If you don't like the baseball look you may want to see if A Snapper dealer has any Not sold LT300 or they can get a Snapper LT300 which is Basicly the Snapper version of the Broadmoor. I bet through there dealer network there are some Not sold LT300's sitting on some dealers lot. The Snapper LT125 and LT130AWS really are Mostly made from older Murray designs. So if I were you I would stay away from those models. There really designed for the Box Stores more than the dealer line. Hope this helps

• jay_haitch
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I had a chance to buy a used Snapper version of the Conquest last year, but the timing wasn't right. Darn.

Great idea about looking for not sold LT300's. We have a small Snapper dealer close by so I'll get them to look. Great advice, thank you!

• sergeant
    13 years ago

Have them look for a Snapper YT400 while your at it.

Sponsored