My builder uses Houzz Pro to plan the timeline and give detailed estimates and daily updates with photos of progress, and provide invoices at pre-agreed key points in the build. This made the whole experience much more efficient and stress-free.
I have two bulbs that have large flowers. The flowers are beginning to smell. How do you pollinate these flowers? Do they have to be crossed pollenated? or should I let nature takes it course with the attracted flies?
I did it once just for fun since I wanted to see the berries in all their glory :o)
You must have 2 separate clones so if both of yours are from the same clone you will not set seed. About a day or so after the first one smells you will see the very obvious fine grey dust like pollen start to be produced from that plant. What I did was just lay the bulb down and put a piece of white paper under the flower and tap on it to get the pollen to fall on the paper....I then put this in a small glass vial and put in the refrigerator. Once the second flower starts to smell it is receptive to pollen. Simply take some of your pollen and put it back on some paper and allow it to go into the bottom of the spathe of the receptive flower.....then close your eyes and gently blow and the pollen will fly up and get all over momma....I did this a couple of days in a row and had thousands of berries....I threw them all way when they got ripe....I mean, they look nice, but who in the world wants seed of this thing anyway :o)
bluebonsai101
Related Professionals
Norfolk Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · San Jose Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Cape Coral Landscape Contractors · Jacksonville Landscape Contractors · New Haven Landscape Contractors · Detroit Landscape Contractors · Santa Maria Landscape Contractors · Santa Fe Landscape Contractors · Baltimore Kitchen Remodelers · Johnson City Kitchen Remodelers · Danbury Kitchen Remodelers · Aurora Kitchen Remodelers · Clearlake Kitchen Remodelers · Las Cruces Kitchen Remodelers · Spokane Kitchen Remodelers