davidoff_gw

Alocasia 'Borneo Giant'

davidoff
14 years ago

does anyone have these seeds for sale?? or from any other big leafed alocasia...

Cheers

David

Comments (7)

• etropicals
    14 years ago

Ive got young 10 inch plants for sale. What I dont have is Alocasia Robusta. What I do have is Alocasia "Borneo Giant" there is still some debate if this plant should be classified as a Macrorrhiza since it is obviously different than your average Macrorrhiza.
    Eric

• gibsonvf1_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

how much

• gibsonex
    12 years ago

does anyone know what fertilizer is best for the borneo giant

• lariann
    12 years ago

The best fertilizer for A. "Borneo Giant" is a granular feed with high nitrogen, like a 12-6-8. You can use Miracle Gro at 1/2 strength solution every week, deeply soaked in, if you can't find the appropriate granular (dry) feed.

If your soil is reasonably fertile, the Borneo Giant will grow well without much fertilization. I suggest well rotted compost or composted manure mixed well into the planting hole, especially next season since it's a little late for this year.

I did a cross between the A. Borneo Giant and a big plant I call the Alocasia "Big Mac"; I have some available and if anyone is interested, send me a message.

LariAnn Garner
    Aroidia Research

Here is a link that might be useful: Alocasia

• tropicalfreak
    12 years ago

Would anyone know how to get in touch with Eric that has/had the 10" plants for sale? I tried to email him at his addy listed and it bounced back.

Thanks,
    Tropicalfreak

• tropicalfreak
    12 years ago

Would anyone know how to get in touch with Eric that has/had the 10" plants for sale? I tried to email him at his addy listed and it bounced back.

Thanks,
    Tropicalfreak

• gftilley
    last month

Granular 20-20-20 fertilizer is recommended every 3 weeks during the warm season.