Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
planty01976

Still scammin' - Godzilla EE

planty01976
18 years ago

Has anyone ever heard of godzilla elephant ear???? I didn't think so.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7721705650

Comments (8)

• susanlynne48
    18 years ago

Not since the last time he advertised anyway. Alocasia gigantea???????? I don't think so.

Susan

• planty01976
    Original Author
    18 years ago

The only thing I understand less than why people make up colorful plant names is why they hold thier ground even after being proven wrong. It possible this person doesn't actually know what he is selling. Before he started ignoring my emails, he explained that its the name his supplier calls it, when I clicked on the link of the supplier, there wasn't any "godzilla" non-sense there either.

• colabama
    18 years ago

the item has been removed from ebay .is there a problem with this seller?

• susanlynne48
    18 years ago

It's called sales tactics, Planty! Like Wal-mart uses, LOL! Maybe we should call it Brawl-mart.

People are just trying to make a buck, and if they make if off somebody who doesn't know any different, who cares? Ignorance is up to the person wearing it. If they want to check out the plant, most folks are aware of the Internet and how to surf the net. Maybe the just don't care what the name of the plant really is, they just like it cause it's big and pretty and unique looking to them, and they're willing to part with the money for it. To me, it's like buying lottery tickets! You gamble and sometimes you win, and most times you lose. We can't watch out for all of the victims of Ebay scams, so I just say let it go. Not worth the hassle.

Susan

• rockyn
    18 years ago

I agree with the scam tactics. But I want one, whatever it is.

Any ideas what the true name is?

• planty01976
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Rockyn, Haven't you been listening? lol. Thats the problem, he advertizes one plant and then shows a photo of a different plant, so who knows what the hell you will recieve!?! P.S: Anyone who "makes up" thier own plant names should be avoided, this is not a scrupulous person. I can put you in touch with someone who will sell you $10 borneo giants all day long. But they have enough common sense to ship in spring so the plant doesn't get frozen in transit.

• susanlynne48
    18 years ago

Rockyn - Planty is right - they really should not be shipping now. Also, the name is incorrect and you will not know for sure what you will be getting. At the very least, we recommend that you purchase from reputable sources.

Right now, the best source is your local asian supermarket! The other day when I was in there, they had regular taro (esculenta) that were MASSIVE in size. About a foot long and as large in circumference. They did not have Imperial Taro.

I do see that you are in a warm zone, but honestly, I would wait until spring to purchase any of them.

Susan

• jeremyisgood78
    18 years ago

I have seen the pic in the middle somewhere else on the web as colocasia gigantea. I am pretty sure that CG also throws the multiple inflorescence (sp?) shown on the pic at the right. Do an image search for colocasia gigantea on Google and you can see where he swipes his pics.

Here is a link that might be useful: Google image search

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm