mantu_gw

gandana

mantu

Does anyone know where to get seeds or plants of gandana? Leeks or garlic chives are often used as a substitute for it but do not taste quite the same.

• luvinlife513

I hope this is what you are looking for. you might be having trouble finding it because you are looking for it by the wrong name. It is really a shallot. Look at the link I enclosed, it is and Indian item, and if you look here you will see it is a shallot.
    If you are looking for a tuber that taste like a cross between an onion and garlic and is slightly elongated then this is it. It is a shallot I use them and they are delicious. You need to plant the tubers not seed it is too difficult to plant them as seeds. I hope this helps?

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.indianetzone.com/1/shallot.htm

• coho

luvinlife513
    Would you be willing to trade a few gandanas? If so please email thru my member page. Thanks

• luvinlife513

I am sorry I don't have any but you can buy them on line just google and you will find some. I might give it a try someday.

• mantu

Thank you. I will try to search under the botanical name. My wife and mother-in-law grew up eating them. I would like to plant some for them. Thanks again.

• laila_2008

Still looking for Gandana. Gandana is not shallots. I grew up eating them when my father had a garden, but I am trying to find seeds now.

Has anyone had any luck?

• 078544

Hi,

I know you have posted this question several years ago. Did you find Gandana seeds or are you still looking for them. I like Gandana too, but haven't been able to find its seeds in Europe. I don't know its English name either, but it is neither garlic chive nor shallot as suggested. I am currently visiting Afghanistan and Gandana seeds are available here. If you want, I can buy you some and post it to you wherever you are.

Many thanks,
    H

last year

I love to purchase some gandan seeds.

Please let me know, where?

• Coucou GliGli
    last year

Me too - I am Looking for it also!

• Zakia Zamir

Meee too!! Can u post some to me please

Sponsored Story
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Pro Spotlight: Give Your Traditional Home a Modern Perspective