Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aka_peggy

Three Oaks Farm

aka_peggy
17 years ago

I went to their website and found most of their garlic is SOLD OUT. I tried calling but got a recording.

What's up with that? Is it possible that they just haven't posted this years harvest? Time is running out to order over the Net and I like their prices. Darn!

Comments (7)

• gardenlad
    17 years ago

It's quite possible that they're sold out, Peggy. Most mail-order garlic suppliers recommend that you place your order in the spring, to assure both availability and best selection.

And, let's face it, it's almost September already. Pretty late in the game to be first ordering.

• aka_peggy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oh no...why was I thinking August was the time to order!!

RATS!! But thanks for answering my question Gardenlad.

• paquebot
    17 years ago

Even Filaree is sold out for perhaps a quarter of their varieties. Some of their bulk types had a 20# limit and a few of those are even sold out. Maybe you'll just have to wait and see if someone offers a kitchen mix again here! ;-)

Martin

• aka_peggy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Please Martin!

:)

• aka_peggy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Whew, I just called The Garlic Store and was able to order music and chesnok. I wanted lorz as well but I can live without it I suppose. I posted a message yesterday on the exchange page on this forum requesting one those 3 types in exchange for a Romanian Red that I have.

Martin, if you would care for some of the Romanian red you're welcome to it. You have been a kind & generous soul in the past and I truly appreciate that.

Btw, recall about 3 years ago you sent me seeds of nodding onion? I scattered those seeds as per your instructions. This year was the 1st year that they bloomed for me and I love them.

Thank you so much!!

• paquebot
    17 years ago

Romanian Reds ran a bit smaller than some may expect. But then, many of the porcelains are known for taste and not size. There were 14 at 2.5", 143 at 2.0", and 41 at 1.5" out of 200 planted in the prairie field. Chesnok Red had 8, 44, and 33 at those same measurements. Both are two that were not planted back here last fall for lack of space. Music will be another to not be planted back at home this fall. That is one which needs to be spaced at least a foot apart for maximum size. With intact scape, they can easily grow over 6' tall and need at least a square foot to accomplish that.

Martin

• aka_peggy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Martin is unable to post here for awhile and asked me to deliver this message to anyone interested;

He says to contact him directly for details on his Kitchen Mix. He says; "Apparently the GW e-mail link to me is still working since I've gotten two more requests on the walking onions offer."

So you can mail him from there. Hopefully he'll be back with us soon!

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio