Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rwalleytx

Siam ruby banana who has them?

Richard
9 years ago

I have been looking all over the web and can't seem to find anyone that has them in stock for sale. Anyone?

Comments (6)

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    9 years ago

I used to have one of these but lost it. I have really been wanting to replace it but haven't seen them around lately. floridahillnurserycom on ebay used to have them at a reasonable price but now are not in stock on ebay or their website. They seem to be 'out of stock' every where else too which makes me wonder if there was some sort of 'crop failure' or tissue culture failure lol. Please post here if you find any.
    ~SJN

• houstonpat
    9 years ago

I have a few small ones that have come back from the roots this spring. They are very tricky to grow. Don't tolerate ANY frost and easily rot. The photo is from last year before lost to ground level.

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    9 years ago

Wow yours is beautiful! You must be doing something right.
    I lost mine because the heat went out in the greenhouse on a really cold night. They do seem to be pretty cold sensitive, much more than the other reddish ones like Zebrina and the Maurelli. I think the Siam Ruby is much prettier though :) A few years ago there were Siam Ruby's at one of our local home depots in 3 gallon pots. None to be found this year though.
    ~SJN

• lac1361
    9 years ago

There is one for sale on eBay from Brians Botanicals. Very reputable seller. I bought mine from him, but understand this is a very problematic banana. It doesn't like wet and cold. The corm will rot very fast. Doesn't do well in a pot either. You will need to erect a temporary greenhouse over the plant if planted in the ground; must be grown in a greenhouse environment in container. This is a zone 10 plant.

Steve

• morningloree
    9 years ago

I got mine from Brian's Botanicals, lost a few leaves over winter, but otherwise fine in 9B

• njz7
    9 years ago

Plant Delights has them in stock for purchase.

One of my top favorite plant sellers for many years now, although you might find some items cheaper from specialty vendors, ie hosta only nurseries, etc

Here is a link that might be useful: Siam Ruby

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals