Software
Houzz Logo Print
tcbravesman

Two queens in one hive

16 years ago

A friend of mine that is getting out of beekeeping called me to tell me that he had a small swarm (or just a large amount of bees) around some old comb that he extracted earlier that year. So I took the frames and super with bees and placed them on top of one of my existing hives with a queen excluder. When I put the the super on it didnt have any brood or honey in the frames. Now, 3 to 4 weeks later there is brood above the queen excluder. This is my first year beekeeping and I still havent been able to identify a queen. I an assuming that there are two queens in the hive. This late in the summer, should I remove the queen excluder or just leave it alone?

Sponsored
AIS Renovations
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County, Ohio