I have a "Warneckii" Dracaena which has flowered. It appears that the infloresence is a terminal spike and I have removed it. My instinct is to cut back the stalk to ensure that vegetative growth resumes through an axillary bud.
If left alone will the stalk cease to grow and will the cane die in due course? Or will the stalk side shoot on its own and continue to grow vegetatively?
I would like the stalk to continue as Mother Nature intends it to. I cut off the infloresence only because I did not want the mess that comes with it.
brandon7 TN_zone7
Related Professionals
Houston Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Leominster Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Saint George Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Athens Landscape Contractors · Kansas City Landscape Contractors · Clarksville Landscape Contractors · Danbury Landscape Contractors · Plainfield Landscape Contractors · Niles Landscape Contractors · Cherry Hill Architects & Building Designers · Rock Hill Architects & Building Designers · Nashville Architects & Building Designers · Killeen Architects & Building Designers · Bemidji Architects & Building Designers · Milwaukee Architects & Building Designers