nitrogen fixers ... roots excretions benifical?
21 years ago
My question concerns growing nitrogen fixings plants. I have been given conflicting info as to wheter or not 'living' nitrogen fixing plants benifit the soil. I do understand that with the pea vine once you have killed the plant and turned it under the rotting plant and roots release the stored nitrogen. But does a living plant, I'm thinking wax myrtle, increase the soils nitrogen levels? If I was to top these bushes, thus killing off root mass due to lack of greenery to support the roots, those roots that died off will release nitrogen to the soil correct?
I just trying to get a handle on how to best use nitrogen fixing plants. I would perfer to use permanent bushes like the wax myrtle which is a self seeding (think weed).
Mike

Sponsored
taxonomist
chaman
Related Professionals
Rochester Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Beatrice Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Rutland Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Calgary Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Lake Charles Landscape Contractors · Mankato Landscape Contractors · Providence Landscape Contractors · Bridgeport Landscape Contractors · Palm Desert Landscape Contractors · Eugene Landscape Contractors · Wichita Architects & Building Designers · Victoria Architects & Building Designers · Traverse City Architects & Building Designers · Santa Barbara Architects & Building Designers · Eugene Architects & Building DesignersbigeasyjockOriginal Author
chaman
just_curious
weebus
albert_135 39.17°N 119.76°W 4695ft.
chaman
nazanine
chaman
pinetree30
whitejade
pickwick
bigeasyjockOriginal Author
bigeasyjockOriginal Author
keking
leftwood
albert_135 39.17°N 119.76°W 4695ft.