OK, I know that mistakes in naming/taxonomy are frequent, especially from smaller nurseries and hobbyists, but I've run into lots of normally reliable sources that seem to disagree about this topic. So, if you understand my questions and have good answers, I'd REALLY appreciate some input!
1. What (very specifically/technically and taxonomically speaking) does Ilex x meserveae represent? (a nothospecies, etc)(simply "a hybrid cross between I. aquifolium and I. rugosa" isn't what I'm looking for here).
2. Are holly cultivars like 'Mesdob', and other cultivars that don't result from crosses and backcrosses only between I. aquifolium and I. rugosa, really members of Ilex x meserveae?
3. How does "Ilex x meserveae" fit into ICBN/ICNCP naming schemes?
* Please assume that the x between Ilex and meserveae is a multiplications symbol.
brandon7 TN_zone7Original Author
Related Professionals
Mobile Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Aiken Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Gary Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · San Bernardino Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Cookeville Landscape Contractors · Lawrenceburg Landscape Contractors · Boston Landscape Contractors · Hempstead Landscape Contractors · Canton Landscape Contractors · Burlington Landscape Contractors · Murrieta Landscape Contractors · Crestview Architects & Building Designers · Sebring Architects & Building Designers · Baltimore Architects & Building Designers · Dubuque Architects & Building Designers