Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19765985

Interesting T. tectorum and T. heteromorpha

User
13 years ago

This's the caulescent form of tectorum with a very long inflo. On the bottom is the small form of heteromorpha which finally bloomed after many years.

{{gwi:488625}}

{{gwi:488626}}

{{gwi:488627}}

{{gwi:488628}}

{{gwi:488629}}

Comments (11)

• bob61
    13 years ago

Neat pictures gonzer. Its probably the only way I will ever see those blooms.
    They just wont bloom here.

Bob

• paul_t23
    13 years ago

Hi gonzer,

Great pics and great plants. Just love that tectorum. If I could ask, have you grown that as a hanging plant, or do you have it sprawling across a surface of some sort? Fantastic specimen.

Cheers, Paul

• User
    Original Author
    13 years ago

It's a hanger Paul. Although I have a few specimens that have rooted on cork hanging allows the plant to fully expand 360°.
    Bob, don't feel bad, these guys are VERY shy bloomers.

• cabogirl
    13 years ago

I think this is the same as your first plant Gonzer. I have now started taking pictures with the label when I get a new airplant because this brain just can't remember them all....

{{gwi:488630}}

• User
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Cabo, howzabout some different views of that plant? From that lone shot it resembles T. werdermanii.

• cabogirl
    13 years ago

Hey Gonzer - see if these are any better. It is in a tree surrounded with roses so a little difficult....LOL

{{gwi:488631}}

{{gwi:488632}}

and caulescent is a familiar name to me and not werdermanii but you never know with me... :-)

• User
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well, it's not a form of tectorum, that's for sure. just from the sheer size of T. latifolia would be my guess but the abundance of scales is weird. It really looks like a monster pupurea. Let's wait for bloomage.

• sdandy
    13 years ago

Wouldn't be an odd form of straminea would it?
    -andy

• cabogirl
    13 years ago

Andy is right - found a picture with the label - straminea tall white. I'll post another picture when it blooms.

• User
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I've never seen an example of that plant although I've seen them for sale.

• sdandy
    13 years ago

Woohoo! I think I just earned myself a cookie...off to go hunt in the kitchen (although I think I will be disappointed).

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus
More Discussions