Software
Houzz Logo Print
ohio_green_thumb

Tiny flowers

20 years ago

These flowers belong to Crassula 'Baby Necklace'. They are so tiny that you hardly notice them! The plant is very attractive in my opinion and I have been able to root cuttings from it very easily. A great plant!

Amy

{{gwi:479336}}

{{gwi:479339}}

Comments (11)

  • 20 years ago

    Lovely! I bought a very small pot 2 months ago. Do you know if it flowers easily? Does it need to be quite old?

  • 20 years ago

    What dainty little flowers, and I love the colours of the leaves.
    As usual, a great shot too, Amy!

    CP

  • 20 years ago

    I WISH my camera could get that close! Great shot, Amy! Mine are flowering now too. Jerome, they seem to flower this time of year easily enough!
    Here's mine:
    {{gwi:63421}}
    ~Rosemarie

  • 20 years ago

    Very cool plants folks.... :-)
    Bill in SC

  • 20 years ago

    Hey Amy...I remembered I took a pic of Crassula 'Tom Thumb' recently. Here's the only one I could get in focus.

    {{gwi:479343}}

    I'm curious...is your C. 'Baby Necklace' the size of my 'Tom Thumb' (compare to my thumb in the pic), or are they larger (as in my 1st pic of 'BN')?

    Here's the whole pot, if that helps for size comparison.
    {{gwi:479346}}

    ~R

  • 20 years ago

    WOW,

    Very nice flowers OGT and Rosemarie. The next time I go to the box store I may have to pic up some of those.

    Rosemarie, if I was your neighbor I'd be over every other week asking if I could borrow a cup of cuttings. :0) You have the best looking succulent collection I have seen on here. I love seeing you post pics of your stuff, I'm so envious. You should have a site or blog or something for your collection.

    MTB

  • 20 years ago

    Rosemarie, they are definitely larger, not small like 'Tom Thumb'. Mine are first year cuttings, so I imagine they'll put out more flowers next year. They certainly are prolific and tend to ramble wherever they please.

    I agree with MBT, your collection is superb! If only I had the climate you do! My succy's would be that much more beautiful!

    Jerome, I agree with what Rosemarie said. These are very carefree, low maintenance plants that will bloom easily.

    My husband says it looks like there's little smily faces on the tips of the stems. When new leaf tips begin to emerge, they resemble eyes, while the leaves on either side are the smile! :)

    Amy

  • 20 years ago

    Superb plant, is it a form of perforata, which I have.

  • 20 years ago

    Absolutely beautiful photos. I ditto what MBT said!!

    Dawn

  • 20 years ago

    Ha ha, MTB...a cup of cuttings, eh?! :o) Shhh! Don't let that get out around the neighborhood! Actually, I've got plenty...it's TIME I'm short on. :) Thanks a bunch for your kinds comments. I try to post pix of my sux whenever possible. As for a blog, I'm lucky to steal time to get my fix on the forums. No time to keep up a blog. Besides, I'm horrible about choosing which pix to post of the 100 I take per week! (I have a site w/20,000 pix of my garden plants~but it's not for public viewing.) More when I'm able!

    Amy, thanks for confirming the size for me. I was starting to wonder if I had it tagged incorrectly! Thanks to you, too! I have to admit, my climate is 95% the reason for my success! Hey...these DO look like lil smiley faces! :)

    Back to my chores! I'm hoping to get an e-mail off soon to you & Dawn shortly...if you girls can wait a bit longer.

    ~R

  • 20 years ago

    Hi everyone. Reawakening this thread just to mention that my Baby Necklace is getting ready to bloom. I'll try to post a picture when it does.

    Cheers.

Sponsored