My builder uses Houzz Pro to plan the timeline and give detailed estimates and daily updates with photos of progress, and provide invoices at pre-agreed key points in the build. This made the whole experience much more efficient and stress-free.
Believe me i thought about it,HAHA just kidding thats why i got five seeds from Jordi,i have tons of pereskiopsis to graft the seedlings on.But i dont know too much about the plant yet to know if you can graft the digits.
Congratulations! You are now one of the few collectors I know of in the US who have this weird new plant. It seems easy to handle and I'm sure you will have fun growing it. I am very surprised that American aficionados are obviously hardly interested in this new taxon compared to those in Old Europe, where several seedlings have been auction on eBay.de for 100.- to 150.- Euros, let a lone the grafts which they paid up to Euro 452.- even!! I know that many of the GW members are mainly interested in leafe-succulents, but what else is this plant without any real spines? One even can root single tubercles/leaves of it (or graft them to produce new plants)!
Hi Jordi i just wanted to thank you again for the plant and seeds.You can say im a freak when it comes to Astrophytums including this new one.I plan to graft the seeds and see what happens.
Hi all: 452 Euros for that tiny plant? Then, How much do you want to pay for this one, flowering size, grafting on Myrtillocactus? {{gwi:486667}}
But there are a problem, if you are out of Mexico you need to pay some aditional costs.
50 US Dlls for CITES Certificate 65 US Dlls for lab test for nematodes 40 US Dlls for Phyto Certificate 40 US Dlls for PROFEPA Validation (The Mexican Environmental Police) 40 to 70 US Dlls for S&H (USA, Asia or Europe)
As a result, you need to pay 235 to 265 US Dlls for any shipment of 100% legal plants to any country, plus the cost of each plant, because the costs are the same for one or 100 or "n" plants. But don´t worry, people like Jordi, that import this legal plants (own roots, two years old), is selling at very good prices. Regards. Manuel
Note: Joe, try to plant deeper (but not so) to cover the tuberous root.
I have to say I find this plant interesting but not one that I'd pay big money for. The German eBay prices were very high even though a whole batch were offered at the same time. Its good to see it in flower, you can see who its related to ;)
That habitat shot is amazing! I guess I always pictured them all being 'born' in a greenhouse somewhere, not living out in nature! I absolutely love habitat photos, because it actually lets you 'know' the plant for real, not just what its pot or greenhouse says it is! Thanks for that, Manuel.
I think I am too afraid that I'd kill such a neat plant to even try to have one for now, but I'd love to keep seeing everyone else's photos of them! They are really great plants!
Thanks all for your comments about the pictures. Jordi: This plants are from the same population. However, last spring I find several aditional isolated plants near the original population. Maybe thats plants are the conection with aditional populations. I will try to find it. Regards.
Wow! I just discovered this plant! It is VERY Cool looking! Astro_Mty and joevargo, Can you repost your pictures? Manuel (Astro_Mty), I'd LOVE to see your habitat photos! You're not the guy who discovered them are you? If so, Congratulations! I'd love to hear more about them! If you did discover them, did you just stumble upon them? Did you spot the Flowers? Were you out looking for Cactus? Would love to hear.
I realize this is an old thread from 2005, so has anyone had luck reproducing their plant from cuttings or grafting? Anyone have any to share or any seeds or seedlings? (And yes, for those that have a need to tell me, I know this is not the Exchange forum)
ariole
joevargoOriginal Author
Related Professionals
Covington Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Aiken Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Stamford Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Niles Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Pittsburgh Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Westerly Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Modesto Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Colorado Springs Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Denver Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Edmonton Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Lincoln Landscape Contractors · Sierra Vista Landscape Contractors · Denver Landscape Contractors · Logan Landscape Contractors · Cincinnati Stone, Pavers & ConcretePieter
cactusjordi
joevargoOriginal Author
tequila
joevargoOriginal Author
astro_mty
joevargoOriginal Author
shrubs_n_bulbs
astro_mty
joevargoOriginal Author
cactus_kate
cactusjordi
astro_mty
paulzie32