Software
Houzz Logo Print
lynnk827

Succulent ID please

20 years ago

Anyone know what this is? It bloomed clusters of white star shaped flowers last year.

{{gwi:487186}}
Thanks!

WindsurfGirl

Comments (12)

  • 20 years ago

    I'd guess a Sedum but not my area of expertise. It might be a different Crassula relative.

  • 20 years ago

    Looks to be a crassula. Amy or Rosemarie could nail this one down.

    Dawn

  • 20 years ago

    Girls where are you????

    WindsurfGirl

  • 20 years ago

    Hi WSG,

    I know you're eager, but pls. be patient & give them more than 24 hrs. to respond (folks DO have other things to do besides visit here).

    Our esteemed Crassula maven "Duffle" could likely also suggest what this is as well.

    In the meantime, why don't YOU go to Desert-tropicals.com & browse around the varieties of Crassulas, starting in the area of C. marnieriana, rupestris or perforata. Those are some in the group I think of as 'stacked' Crassulas & should give you a decent place to start looking 'til other folks come around w/ addt'l suggestions.

  • 20 years ago

    I've been looking at it & coming back scratching my head. I would've said the same thing as Shrubs n bulbs...a Sedum or a Crassula. Star-shaped flowers might indicate Sedum, but were the petals sticking straight out like a star (more like SDedum), or curved back (more like Crassula)?

    ~Rosemarie

  • 20 years ago

    Thought of another question to help in ID...how large are the leaves?

  • 20 years ago

    I'd say Crassula also, based on the leaves and your description of the flowers. Star shaped white flowers scream "CRASSULA"!
    Amy

  • 20 years ago

    I wasn't thinking straight...many Crassula have the star-shaped flowers with pointy petals--duh on me!

    One possibility for you: Crassula pellucida (var. marginalis). Has your plant turned color at all during the year?

    ~R

    Here is a link that might be useful: Crassula pellucida v marginalis

  • 20 years ago

    It does not turn colors. The mother plant is solid green however and you can see the baby I am growing in the greenhouse in the first picture in sun does have the redish margin on the leaves. The leaves are 1 1/2 inches long and 1 inch wide. Here is another picture of the mother plants stems. The stems that are quite old look like this, young stems are just green. I don't remember the flowers very well. It was before I had my digital camera and I do not have a picture of them either.
    {{gwi:487187}}

    WindsurfGirl

  • 20 years ago

    Looks like C. lactea

  • 20 years ago

    I believe WS has it! See link below...it looks like Crassula lactea to me.

    ~Rosemarie

    Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:487185}}

  • 20 years ago

    That's it! Crassula lactea
    Thanks everyone!

    WindsurfGirl

Sponsored