My builder uses Houzz Pro to plan the timeline and give detailed estimates and daily updates with photos of progress, and provide invoices at pre-agreed key points in the build. This made the whole experience much more efficient and stress-free.
This is the season for Kalanchoe blooms, but I was still surprised when it flowered again just like a number of others. This product of horticultural science has extra petals (all Kalanchoe have 4 petals, but not this one). Yale
Very pretty, I've seen something like that bloom for sale in the NYC area, being referred to as a rose-like blooming Kalanchoe. Nice shot, thanks for the pic.
Yesterday I was given 3 white Kalanchoe blossfeldiana (heads with single groups of petals), have 2 orange of that Kalanchoe, and bought 1 yellow `Calendvivaô (rose-like heads of flowers) for Easter since yellow is the Easter colour in Sweden. They are all full of leaves and some spreading out at the bases of those plants are huge. I would like to remove the largest leaves. Is that okey or would it affect the plants negatively? I do not intend to throw my Kalanchoes away after they have stopped blooming but to get them to flower again later this year or at the beginning of next. I know you can do that by putting them in the dark for several hours of the day. My orange Kalanchoe have been in bloom since mid October 2012. I have them in front of my kichen window facing south but move them to the window in my bedroom at night where it is cooler (so I can sleep better) as this makes them bloom longer according to a Swedish garden expert.
HI Edwin, Sorry to say this forum gets hardly any traffic these days. Would be better to post to the Cacti & Succulents forum instead (if you'd like a quicker response).
As for pulling off lower, larger leaves. Yes, I believe it would be okay to do that without negatively affecting your plant. =)
Good luck on the re-bloom of your plants. Sounds like you have the knowledge & good conditions for that happening!
User
EdwinR
Related Professionals
Williamsburg Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Gary Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Ashland Landscape Contractors · Columbia Landscape Contractors · Clarksville Landscape Contractors · College Station Landscape Contractors · Bemidji Landscape Contractors · Bakersfield Landscape Contractors · Lexington Stone, Pavers & Concrete · Virginia Beach Stone, Pavers & Concrete · Taunton Stone, Pavers & Concrete · Wausau Stone, Pavers & Concrete · Los Angeles Stone, Pavers & Concrete · Spanish Fork Stone, Pavers & Concrete · Cornwall Stone, Pavers & Concreterosemariero
Matthew Perry