Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vriesea

just some photos

vriesea
14 years ago

Well its been a bit slow due to Christmass, so i thought i would post a couple of piccies of the different colour forms from the cross that made Vr. ' Montezuma's Gem' and a couple of Vr.hieroglyphica , I needed a break from repotting and this was a brilliant excuse ( as if I need one ) but its very hot and humid in the yard ,so here goes.

{{gwi:523183}}

As shown before ,this is what the bulk looked like

{{gwi:523184}}

one of the darker forms in spike ,30 cm ,ruler to show size

{{gwi:523185}}

different colour ,and rounder leaf tips ,

{{gwi:523186}}

more red in this clone and has slight 'fingernails'

a Vr, hieroglyphica ,different to my other clones ,from Richard Harper .

{{gwi:523187}}

and a Vr ,hieroglyphica ,this one can grow very large ,

{{gwi:523189}}

And thats all folks ,trust you all had a great Christmass

Cheers ,Jack

Comments (5)

• paul_t23
    14 years ago

Hi Jack, some lovely plants there. Those siblings of MJ are really interesting - and beautiful, and that hiero from Richard is a ripper - just love the full form and the regular banding. Thanks for showing them. Cheers, Paul

• splinter1804
    14 years ago

Hi Jack,

Nice colours and variations in the variegations and particularly easy on the eyes.

Did you cop the rain again up there Jack or were you spared this time?

Thanks for sharing, all the best, Nev.

• vriesea
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi guys .we are just getting some nice rain now and we really needed it , its very gentle rain Nev , yes Paul that hiero from Richard is a very good one that i shall be happy to use for my breeding program .the other hiero can get to at least a metre and a half , big for any Vriesea ,hopefully i can cross the 2 together and get the best of both worlds .Greedy ? oh hell yes , Cheers . Jack

• noid.guest
    14 years ago

Sorry to bring up this older post... I have a couple of postings to catch up and this dark clone and those pink tips are so nice that I cannot go by without any praise. Brom-nutter RichardÂs hiero clone is also very very nice.

Jack, there is Vriesea pastuchoffiana, supposedly a huge one. Topiflora had the following description of it (in an old cargo report which I have noted before they took off all old CRÂs.): "An extremely handsome species that in some ways resembles Vr. hieroglyphica but grows even larger and more decorative." Have you already tried using this instead of normal hiero if you went for size? It could be interesting to see what that would produce with the hiero from Richard and it would be also interesting to know how pastuchoffiana behaved in crosses, in general. It may be less dominant than a normal hiero and other nice thing could be created.

• vriesea
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Noid ,no i havent used that Vriesea ,i dont have it and can't lay my hands on one or i would do so ,is there a change that it has been reclassified to Werhauhia ? some of those are very handsome and covered with glyph's as well
    Jack

Sponsored
More Discussions