Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
linda441

Just checking in--been MIA!

linda441
15 years ago

I have not been very active in the past months due to being very discouraged with gardening and stress and here lately due to working 10-11 hrs a day!!! I finally got a job and I really like it. After a year of being unemployed I am finally back working for another Sign Company! I moved twice since April 2008 and starting over with landscaping my new place. Due to the unexpected move in Dec/Jan I was unprepared for overwintering my plants! I did put together 2 makeshift greenhouses and had over 100 sheets and frost blankets to try to protect them, but temps got very low and winds tore up the Gh's several times. Lost many of my plants! I think I posted awhile back when Lucy sent me a wonderful package with brugs and other plants. That started me off in the right direction! Thank you Lucy once again!!! I have had some local gardeners that I shared alot of plants with last year come to my rescue as well. I have been busy weekends trying to get plants in the ground and doing the landscaping a bit at a time. Working the hrs I do does not leave me much "playing in the dirt" time so I enjoy it when I can.

We are getting a steady rain tonite and I know my plants are doing the "Happy Dance" Things are starting to look great!

I will try to pop in more often as time allows and will post some pics when I have the gardens in better shape.

God bless all of my GW Brug friends!!

Lings

Linda

Comments (8)

• plantlover49
    15 years ago

Linda
    did you ever contact TCtopcat,I bought some Brugs from him
    he forgot to put one in the package, so I called him on the phone, he said you were a saint for doing the co-op anyway he said he had some Brugs for you, so you might want
    to call or visit him, glad you're back
    Elizabeth

• linda441
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I emailed him and he said he would get back with me when he had some for me. Out of the last batch of cuttings I bought from him I had ZERO survivors. And I had gotten so really nice ones. Still no word from him! I am sure by now they are all gone. Which cutting were you missing? I will try to contact him again. If I have what you are missing I will send you a cutting when mine get bigger.

Linda

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

Linda congrats of having a job!!!! I believe in today"s economoy it is the number one concern everyone has.

I always gardened as a stressreliever. Now at times, like hauling the plants in and out and in and out just to safe them, turns pleasure into stress fast at times.

So as for me, I try to remind me a lot that the reason I garden is to relax and get rid of stress. Yes it is so sad when you loose plants, but it is not the end of the world and the worse thing. Right?

Always happy to hear from you.

We have been getting rain also. Which is great compared to last year. Everything looks so green!

Hugs
    Lucy

• eloise_ca
    15 years ago

Linda, congrats on your new job, and I am sure this will be of great relief for you. Hopefully you will be in your new place now for a very long time, unless you want to move.

• maemae0312
    15 years ago

Linda, Good to hear from you! I was just thinking about you the other day. Congrats on the new job, I do hope you are enjoying it. I know you garden will come together in no time!

Mary

• chena
    15 years ago

Nice to see ya Linda!!!
    I am looking forward to pic's of the new garden.. and Congrats on the new job!!! Glad to hear life is settling down a bit for you!!!
    Kylie

• plantlover49
    15 years ago

Linda
    he sent me my cutting, the last nice weather we had,he had just forgot to put them in the box with the other one's
    the way he talked so nice about you, you should call him
    & see what's up because he told me, that he had them for you, which one's did you loose, maybe I have some extra

Elizabeth

• linda441
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi all!

I am enjoying the new job, though I will admit it was a challenge at the beginning! The guy who had been working there walked out and left a 3-4 week backlog of work piled up and deleted alot of the old job files (which I was able to retrieve (partially). Having not worked in a year I had to really figure out the machines quickly and get everything caught up. I am now on top of things and thankfully had all my contacts to get questions answered about certain things that stumped me. Things should go along a little smoother now.
    We have had rain and heavy wind the last 2 days--I found my GH on it's side this afternoon when I got home. It's back up and relocated now.
    I thank you all for the offers of replacement plants, but I want to wait to see what does come back and what room I may have left to plant stuff. I have 2 more gardens planned at the back of the house and once I get the ground dug up, amended and start planting I will have a better idea.
    This WILL be my LAST move!! Getting too old to do this again.
    Elizabeth--I will call TC one weekend and see what he has going on down there this year. He is a really nice guy and I have enjoyed getting to know him better over the last 4-5 years. Hope he has some of the ones I had gotten in the fall that did not make it as cuttings.
    Well-better get me some dinner and a shower and a fairly early night to bed. 4am comes early!!

Linda

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting