Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hornetwife_gw

FINALLY! My First Brug Bloom!

15 years ago

Hi all!

FINALLY!! My ebay surprise has bloomed and I am ecstatic! When it was rolled up and first opening, it was YELLOW. When I woke up this morning it had opened to a coral-pinkish color. Any ideas what it coould be?

South Texas must be agreeing with it, although it has lost all of it's big leaves and it is rather sparse now. Is that normal?

Had to share!

Lori

{{gwi:515629}}

Comments (15)

• 15 years ago

Wow, beautiful color. No way of knowing which one it is there are so many that are similar. How you liking Texas? I wish I was on Padre Island. I would fish every day, lol.

• 15 years ago

o it's so prety! Congrats!! Once again..I am jealous. I want flowers!!! lol

• 15 years ago

Im with you Daniell, I want flowers too!!!!!Nothing but big green leaves.Congrats Lori thats a pretty bloom.

Rigo

• 15 years ago

I love that! its very pretty. Congratulations.

• 15 years ago

Very nice! Congrats on your first bloom, and they never get old... every one is as exciting as the first. It is probably OK that it dropped all the leaves since you just moved. It is probably just adjusting to the new conditions.
    Shawn

• 15 years ago

Lori

Oh, what a pretty little lady! did ya get a whiff of her yet? there is a good chance she will smell divine!

And the thrill never goes away- my brugs always make me smile!!
    Brenda

• 15 years ago

Sorry can't help you with an i.d. Lori, but wanted to congratulate you for a beautiful bloom!

• 15 years ago

Thanks all! I am very proud. I am still trying to decide exactly what color it is. Starts out yellow and goes to a pinkish-coral with yellow still on the outside. A 2nd bloom will open any day now.
    And the fragrance is AMAZING!!!
    Kristy, come on down and we'll go fishing. Already gotten some decent trout and redfish since my arrival.
    Lori

• 15 years ago

I too have just had my first time ever blooms, except I have 12 flowers on two plants. Mine have just the faintest of smells. They are the yellow turned coral-pink, looks just like your pictures. Awesome and well worth the wait!! I have buds opening on several daturas...can't wait to see them :-) And still have about 20 noid brugs with no buds....oh but that is why this summer has been so much fun for me...finally getting to see what all my new flowers look like.

• 15 years ago

Ok So I have a double white Brugmansia, called "Species", got it summer 2007, this year its 4 1/2 feet tall and still no buds. I also have a variegated brug with white flowers a little over 5 feet tall, no buds. I did see buds right before the first frost but so far this spring no buds have formed, Whats up with getting doubles and variegated brugs to flower? I've tried all kinds of fertlizers with different number nothing works.

• 15 years ago

as far as the brug flowers changing colors, that brug is called versicolor, I had one, kept a cutting off it and gave the mother plant to my landlords wife, which she left outside and it died in the winter coldness. flowers start off white and gradually go to yellow and then pink then fade away.

• 15 years ago

Congrats! Most brugs change color as they mature, some dramatically. That's a pretty bloom and pinks are my favorites.
    Karyn

• 15 years ago

I have a noid that does the same thing. I actually got mad when I saw the first bud because it was yellow and I bought a pink one, lol. Then later that night it turned white then pink around the skirt in the morning. I would love to come down there sometime. Hopefully we can make it this year, lol. I have been trying to get to the coast to fish for about 2 years and it never works out.

• 15 years ago

Congrats Lori!!!!!! I know it was worth the wait!!!! I know there will be many more to come!

Mary

• 15 years ago

Offer still stands. Let me know. You need some night blooming Jasmine also and some Inoxia (daturas) Mine are amazing.

My list for the coast is Daturas, Four O clocks, Brugs, Esperanza, Pampas grass, Oleanders and some vines if you want them like trumpet creepers and maybe a hardy passion vine.

I like fall fishing or night. I am a gigger. Flounder boat. Lol A cast net and a pole and a gig. Lot of fish on the new Packery Channel. I see schools of hundreds when I drive over it. Sure is hot here. LOL

Jim