Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vaskirt

Looking for 'different' Datura seeds

vaskirt
14 years ago

Next year I want to try growing some ' different ' looking Datura. If anyone has some that are different, I would love to see your pictures and beg some seeds off of you... LOL Will be more than willing to buy or trade for some.

~Edna~

Comments (13)

• daniellalell
    14 years ago

like what Edna? how 'different'?

• sibhskylvr
    14 years ago

I have to ask the same thing Daniella! lol! How different Edna??

Mike

• karyn1
    14 years ago

I'd love to see some different varieties are too. Let me know what you find.

• chena
    14 years ago

There are so many Varieties ..I was amazed...Some are very hard come by.. Edna why haven't you just ask Eddie for them..??

Kylie

• sekhment
    14 years ago

I have some seedlings going now but I'm sure you have them lol I have the ballerina mix going and double black current. they are a ways away from blooming. lol I'm a late bloomer haha I wasnÂt thinking when I sowed the seeds and now I'm gonna try to make them grow thru winter ahha try being the key word

cassie

• vaskirt
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I know there are lots of different ones, I have most of the ones that are common to all of us. Seems like a few years back I saw one called 'blue halo'... I think that was the name ??

Also I think someone on here had one that was white and had a little yellow in it ? I could be wrong. Maybe it was Karma ? I don't know... it's been a while, and I'm forgetful.. LOL

Also while I'm thinking about it, what ever came of the ones Karma was working on ? Remember the Datmansia ? I just remembered that... why I don't know.

• sibhskylvr
    14 years ago

Edna

I found a nice spot for you to get some 'different' Dat seeds! :) He's got a nice variety! I especially like the 'Rubra' & 'Parajuli.' Nice looking dats!

Mike

Here is a link that might be useful: Eddie!!

• chena
    14 years ago

I think Phyllis has some with the yellow edgings growing this yr.. could be wrong! Prety sure that is who it is I can check for you!!! Don't know the name tho!

Kylie

• PKponder TX Z7B
    14 years ago

I love the white single with green edging that peony_tx posted back in June. Later, I saw one of Eddie's posts in which he called it Unforgettable.

Pam

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:500229}}

• peony_tx
    14 years ago

Yes, Eddie said that variety is named Unforgettable. On my dat, though, not ever flower is that way, just on one branch. It's quite lovely.

• fonda-fish
    14 years ago

Can someone tell me the difference between Datura & Brugs? I am new to these.

• threas
    14 years ago

Brugmansia are called Angel Trumpets. Their blooms are nodding or hang down. Colors come in white, pink, peach, yellow, orange, red.
    Daturas are called Devil's Trumpets. Their blooms point upwards. Their seedpods,are round w/thorns,referred to Thorn Apples. Colors come in white, purple, lavender, cream. Not sure if I forgot any.LOL Some of the experts will be along shortly to add their thoughts. :)

Theresa

• daniellalell
    14 years ago

Theresa you forgot yellow for the dats, lol.

Brugs are more tree-like, dats are more shrub-like.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting