Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
citrusdan

meyer lemon questions

citrusdan
10 years ago

I have a couple questions pertaining to a meyer lemon tree I've had for a little over a year now. It recently started at lwast fifty flowers which ive since clipped because I didnt think the tree could support that much growth.

The tree is in a pot and gets fertalized with fish emulsion once every couple months. I try to water every few days. There is currently two tiny lemons and about eleven flowers still on the tree.

The main stem has split and I tried to use the velcro graden ties to tape it together.

Ive recently noticed some sappy subsrance at the base of some leaves and also some discoloring of a couple of leaves.

Does anyone know what this is? I was thinking some kind of pest so I started spraying with fish emulsion diluted water and just scrubbed the leaves after spraying them with a soft toothbrush. The lwaves look a little wrinkled and im concerned for my baby.

I was told to water it feom the tray and let the plant soak up the water. Is this a good or bad suggestion.

Last question is on pruning. Whens the best time, whats the best way to prune, how many leaves should come off / be peft on?

I love this thing and want it to thrive!! All help is appreciated!

Comments (2)