Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
givelittle_getlots

POTD: Only thing missing...some heat

givelittle_getlots
14 years ago

Good morning everyone.

I guess I am a joker huah. Lots of you will say now...WE NEED LOTS OT HEAT to make up for those freezing temps.

Coming night is suppose to get down to 24 Degrees here again. But then we do not have to battle the snow storms or rain on top of it.

Hoping everyone is well and safe!!?

But the heat I need goes with this:

{{gwi:585252}}From POTD for December 09

Finally bought enough lights so I should be set for that....but now I need to find a good source for heating mats. GOOD ones lol. I know the subject came up and I really probably have to wait another season for THOSE lol...but you never know.

I do not think the seeds like the temps I LIKE rofl. House is set on 65 most of the time. Except for shower time in the morning lol It is great to have heat flashes roflmao

Have a super duper day.

Hugs

P.S. That is just ONE shelf :-)

Lucy

Comments (16)

• taz56
    14 years ago

Awesome Lucy look at all your neat plants,
    glad to see I'm not the only one who likes
    succulents to! What cha got growing in the
    seed tray's something good I bet!
    Have a good day and stay warm!
    Susan

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

ha ha ha Susan, I don't know how cool they will be...but those are the seeds from the Flamenco x unknown seedpod. All 140 of em lol

and yes....I am really turning into my sister more and more lol. She is SO great with succulents. I just hope the stinky one will not think it is summertime and time to bloom roflmao

Lucy

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Good morning all. Brrrrrrrrr, it is also freezing here in "sunny" California, lol! You have been busy Lucy; look at all your plants and seedlings. Now I wonder what your seed trays contain. Could it possibly be those brug seeds from your very own brug? Stay warm and safe.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    14 years ago

That is a nice setup Lucy. It looks to be a perfect place for baby plants.

I've heard that old waterbed heaters make fine seed warming mats. Maybe check Craig's list and save some $$$.

Pam

• dimples31312
    14 years ago

Looking good Lucy! Overnight low here was 69!
    No heat needed should be freezing by Friday.
    Crazy crazy weather!
    Hugs
    Dorothy

• karyn1
    14 years ago

Your plants look great. If you want a really good seed mat you need to get the big ones made out of heavy rubber but they are expensive. The single flat 19" x 11" ones work well and they are only about $20. If you have a hydrponic store they'll carry them or check on Ebay. I don't think a thermostat is necessary. You can also look in a pet shop in the reptile section. They carry heaters that can be used for seed trays too. I hope it warms up for you.

• mantorvillain
    14 years ago

Well, a magnificent (HA!) Minnesota mornin to everyone. I just came back in for another warmup break. Weve gotten @10-12 inches so far with another 2-4 to come with wind gusts up to 50 mph so guess who called in and said I'll be there 'if, not necessarily when' I can get out of the driveway.......and the plows just made their first 2 passes on the street outside so I have 4' of packed snow to look forward to once I get through the 2-3 feet drifted around the cars.
    ......just wanted to warm the cockles (whatever that means) of your southerly little hearts - LOL.
    Good thing I've got the internet and a good book during these rest breaks.
    Stay warm and safe everyone,
    Will

• beachplant
    14 years ago

Ok Will, I'll shut up about the fact it's supposed to be in the 30's again tonight and it is WAAAAYYYY too early for us to be having this kind of winter weather. I still haven't got the plants out from last weekend when it was cold. It just keeps raining and the fog has been terrible. Everything is drippy.

Waterbed heaters work great, they last forever, are waterproof, cheap and anyone getting rid of a waterbed has one. I've got 2 or 3 and they were all free. Check Craigslist too.
    Tally HO!

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

thanks about all the tips. will surely let you know what I end up with...most likely with a picture lol

WILL..........my gosh...YOU ARE THE WEATHER WINNER....brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I will not complain anymore either lol

Lucy

• karyn1
    14 years ago

I agree that Will beats me in the bad weather department but I'm still going to complain. LOL

• thahalibut
    14 years ago

That looks great Lucy, nice assortment of things. The brug cuttings are huge, or are mine are just tiny.?
    tim

• figara
    14 years ago

Good morning all. It is 31* right now. Have not been out yet to check my plants after last night freeze. I'll check them when I come back from PT.It will be one more freezing night and then temps go to 40* at night.
    Stay warm all.
    Pat

• knotz
    14 years ago

Great set-up Lucy!!...We got down to 8' again this morning.

Yesterday morning my greenhouse got down in the lower 20's so I turned the heat up just a bit and it didn't get below 33' this morning in there...YIPPEE!!!

Stay warm and dry friends!!

knotz

• chena
    14 years ago

SWEET Lucy!!! Everything looks Great!!
    Will!! Honey you be careful out there..LOL I am procrastinating ;O) ... It is 29* outside and I have to go out and get to work done..âºâº Haul wood and Hay!.. It is dry tho ..Stay warm
    Caren the pond is a Winter Wonderland..haha.. I am glad to hear the GH is safe..

Kylie

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I tell you, it is not a pretty picture out there with all the frozen things.

Tim, no trust me...you get the tallest one that fits into a box come spring :-)

Lucy

• fool4flowers
    14 years ago

Lucy they have a hydroponics place somewhere in Austin. You can check at chameleon counters pet store by dominoes pizza. They might have a reptile heat mat. I don't think they like them though because they cause burns on lazy critters but they might sell them. I'll call and ask Sandra. Maybe she can order us a couple. I buy my crickets from there once a week for the frogs.

Sponsored