Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chena_gw

OT!! The Holiday Feast!

chena
15 years ago

Bruce got me thinking about dinner for the Holiday's..

What to cook?? I will be in Ok. with my Dad for the Holiday..BUT Gotta cook something.. I need some idea's.. What are you cooking for your Holiday Dinner??

Kylie

Comments (12)

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

Gooooooooood question!!!
    ???????????????????wish I knew lol. But I got a few days to make up my mind.
    Going to keep an ey on this thread.

Lucy

• gardenpaw
    15 years ago

Lets see....Usually by the time Thanksgiving is over with
    Im ready to bake a ham with all the trimmings for Christmas
    For dessert Im fixing Cheese cake in muffin tins some with
    cherries some without.
    Whats everyone else fixing?
    Happy Holidays!
    Karen

• amelia_pepper_lady
    15 years ago

Ham and probably another turkey
    Several vegetable casseroles that the family expects.
    Ambrosia
    Pecan pies
    My SIL will probably make an Oriental salad and a cake.

• fool4flowers
    15 years ago

Ham and turkey left over from buy one get one free at thanksgiving, lol. Also 6 pies. We are going to a friends house with a huge family and everyone brings stuff.

• vaskirt
    15 years ago

I usually do a turkey, oyster dressing, stuffed mushrooms, sweet peas,cranberry sauce, sweet potato fluff, and homemade rolls. I have been doing this same meal since our daughter (Heather) was 12. She is 38 now, and you would think she would be tired of it. It just kills her if I even mention doing something different.. she is still a kid @ heart.. LOL

• plantlover49
    15 years ago

We usually have, Sirloin Tip Roast, Green beans, Brown Gravy, Sprial sliced Ham,Corn
    German Chocolate Cake, Fruit Salad, Boiled Custard, Eggnog
    Elizabeth

• pagrdnr
    15 years ago

Ham and sweet gravy is a must for our Christmas meal. And the more sides, the better! Hey I don't cook any of it but I don't mind eating it, LOL.
    Shawn

• lopaka_mikale
    15 years ago

Christmas Eve will be stuffed turkey, ham, baked shrimp (yum!), Bruce's oyster stew, smoked salmon, eggplant parmagiana, smoked fish dip, pasta salad, rice caserole and I can't even remember what! It looks like the Christmas buffet at the Emabassy Suites, around the corner. Plus our guests bring plenty of sides and desserts. 40-50 people, and enough food for 80! You guys need to get here and eat some of it!
    Christmas day is at my Sister-in-law's house. Barbeque ribs, and leftovers from the night before!

I'm getting hungry!
    Merry Christmas,
    Bob

• chena
    Original Author
    15 years ago

They all sound sooo awesome!!!!

• funinthesunincl
    15 years ago

We started a fantastic tradition a few years back...

My hubby makes the entire dinner for the four of us on Christmas Day!! We have a standing rib roast/prime rib with Au Jus Juice, mashed potatoes, steamed asparagus, tossed salad, corn, warm flaky crescent rolls, oh and a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon. Later in the evening...a slice of cheescake with strawberries and a fresh cup of coffee to top it off. Ahhh....

Perfection!! (and did I mention he & little elves clean up the kitchen also? Kinda like his gift to me that day...no complaining here! :) )

There are some traditions that I will NEVER change!!! :)

~Mary Jane

• maemae0312
    15 years ago

unfortunately I have to work Christmas so we will just have a big breakfast before I come to work. But my father used to grill steaks out on Christmas, he knew we were tired of bouncing from house to house (inlaws) and eating turkey. I like steak better than turkey so it was always a treat to me.

Mary