Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19709659

WANTED: Ottawa Garden Swap - June - Preliminary Thread

User
17 years ago

Hi everyone!

Just a few thoughts and seeking ideas. Suggesting the experimental farm for our next meeting. Kids welcome!

Thinking of having the following for our swap:

1. Plants

2. Seeds

3. Garden mags/books

4. Garden related anything that you don't want

5. One side location for a book/magazine trade area that is non-garden related. I have quilt magazines and maybe some books I want to get rid of (if anyone is interested).

What do you think?

I am also still seed planting and I thought I might just as well plant seeds of some of my extras to start the plants off with the intention of bringing them to the plant swap - things like my amaranthus varieties and some other annuals/perennials that are in abundance.

Any thoughts welcome!

Oh yeah, pack a picnic!

Cheers,

McPeg

Comments (8)

• darrylenes
    17 years ago

Hi McPeg (alias ringleader!):
    I'm game for all of the above. Most probably plant divisions more than seedlings for me. I'm also a crafter so I may have a "garden junk" bird/butterfly bath that I could make a special trade with. Are we still looking at the first Sunday in June? other date? I suggest an earlier time since its picnic with the kids?
    I'll keep LeeAnne and Deborah updated.
    Darrylene
    P.s. LeeAnne and I are quilters, mags sound great!

• User
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Darrylene!
    I will confirm a date with everyone near the end of May...hopefully when we can see the 14 day weather forecast so we don't get rained out and to confirm folks availability.
    Glad to also know there would be interest in quilting mags - I have too many that I will NEVER get to do all the projects.
    Watch this thread for more updates.
    Cheers,
    McPeg

• lmdw
    17 years ago

Hello all, is there a chance we could try to set a date sooner than the end of May? Earlier in June is probably better for plant swapping than later in June for one. Also, I'm hoping it could be the first weekend in June (2/3). Calendars have a way of filling up and I really don't want to miss out this time :-(

...bowing and saluting the mcpeg orgazination effort...

• sammyqc
    17 years ago

The first Sunday in June is good for me. By then I should have all my veggies planted, and sold what will sell, and should have extra leftovers to bring. And gives the perennials time to pop up and be divided.
    My kids love the farm, and it makes a nice outing for them. Anyone else bringing children? Mine are two girls, 4 and 5.
    Sam.

• User
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Everyone - I offer the following dates:

1st choice - SUNDAY, 3 June (rain date would be the following Sunday)

2n choice - SUNDAY, 27 May (rain date would be the following Sunday)

Please let me know what you think.

Also, in the event that I cannot attend due to 'family committment' (visiting inlaws.....grrrrh) - would someone else be willing to set up a few minutes earlier to establish the meeting area? (Which will be determined once the date is set).

As for kids, if we know the age group - maybe I could organize an activity for them - colouring, crafts, plant some seeds to take home or decorate a sunhat. I don't have children but I sure enjoy seeing their smiling faces.

Let me know!

Cheers,
    McPeg

• User
    Original Author
    17 years ago

ACTUALLY DON'T RESPOND HERE - I AM POSTING A NEW THREAD FOR THIS.
    Ta!
    McPeg

• chevyii
    16 years ago

ok im not that computer savy how do i get to new thread. I also need to print out the map.

lee-ann

• User
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi,
    Please follow the link below to respond / get information on the 3rd June Ottawa plant exchange.
    Cheers,
    McPeg

DO NOT RESPOND HERE, PLEASE

Here is a link that might be useful: Active Link

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor
More Discussions