Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (13)

• north53 Z2b MB
    10 years ago

When I copied and pasted the two images you are trying to post, the first said it had been removed by the poster, the second showed a collage of flowers.
    I just went to photobucket and found that the method I was used to using has been changed. To post this picture I had to hover over the star thing in the upper right corner of the picture, then click on share, then select link, click on the html link and right click to paste into your message..

Please try to post your picture again. I want to see it!

This post was edited by north53 on Tue, Jul 23, 13 at 12:18

• beegood_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

That's a beautiful Iris. I'm just starting an Iris bed this summer. Ordered some from Trails end. Thanks for your help.

• north53 Z2b MB
    10 years ago

I just selected the iris picture to try to see if I could post a picture.
    I don't grow irises, but gave this dwarf variety a try because the description said 'very hardy'. This was its first bloom. It is called Fireplace Embers.

• northspruce
    10 years ago

I need that iris. Immediately.

• nutsaboutflowers
    10 years ago

I need that iris, too. Immediately :)

• nutsaboutflowers
    10 years ago

Marie (?)

Are you sure it's called Fireplace Embers? Googling it says it's yellow and red and I also tried to find it on Bob and Ann's website but can't find it.

Lynn :)

• north53 Z2b MB
    10 years ago

Well, Fireplace Embers is what I ordered, and of course it was a year before it bloomed and I forgot what it was supposed to look like.
    I was so surprised to see this bloom, I almost broke a leg rushing out there to look at it. So now I have no idea what it is. I ordered it from Lindenberg's, and they only had the 2 dwarf iris in their catalogue. The other one listed, 'What Again', doesn't look like it either, although it is closer.
    Oh well, I like it anyway.

• nutsaboutflowers
    10 years ago

Oh no ! That means we can't get one, immediately, because we don't know what it is :(

It's beautiful. Enjoy !

• northspruce
    10 years ago

Do you mind if I share your photo with Brenda? She doesn't check in here very much any more but she has a lot of irises and might recognize it.

Because seriously, if I don't get one I'm going to actually die.

• north53 Z2b MB
    10 years ago

No, I don't mind. I would like to know what it is also. I think she buys from Lindenberg's too, so she might have it.

• ostrich
    10 years ago

This is a GORGEOUS iris but it is NOT Fireplace Embers!

It is really beautiful though.... very, very lovely indeed!

• northspruce
    10 years ago

Pudge thinks it's Frisk Me. Looks close enough to me!

• north53 Z2b MB
    10 years ago

Some of the images look perfectly like that, Northspruce. Thanks so much for solving this mystery for me. Little did I know when I just selected a random picture to test photobucket that I would cause such consternation! But I hate having the wrong info on a label.