Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Sunday's Blooms

organic_kitten
10 years ago

I think I am past peak, but not by a lot. I know Mantis would remind me there are tons of buds.

This is an oldie that I had lost but I replaced it because it is a pretty purple. Indian Giver:

Early Showoff:

You have to love Heavenly Angel Ice:

Crazy Mr Jim: Another frequent Poly

Re-bloom on Westbourne's Naughty Girl Pet:

Donna Jack:

I Remember You: Thrip Damage

Choral Fantasy:

Little Light of Mine: Just blooms and blooms

Etosha: another favorite Munson:

Man of Sorrows:

Blue corn Moon:

kay

Comments (14)

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Nice! Every one. My favs though are Early Showoff & Man of Sorrows. I like Munsons too, don't think I've seen Etosha before, it is really pretty

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Man Of Sarrows gets my vote. Love the rich red color and watermark. How is the overall bud count on it, if you can recall?

Julia

• shive
    10 years ago

Put me down for Man of Sorrows too. And also that Naughty Girl Pet!Both have such wonderful saturated color! Blue Corn Moon has very pleasing colors too. Mine bloomed so light last year with temps in the 100s that I didn't recognize it. Hope is does better this time. At least I Remember You is blooming for you now. Too bad about the thrips. It has deep, rich color in your garden.

Debra

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Indian Giver might be a oldie but it's my favorite of this gorgeous group.
    Linda

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Julia, the bud count is good this year, but last year it was overwhelmingly good. A very good tall plant that usually blooms well above it's foliage .

Debra, it has bloomed several times, but the thrips are really liking it. I sprayed again today. The color is beautiful. A garden is always a learning experience, I guess.

Nancy, Early showoff was a bonus, but it is a very good bloomer and an early morning opener. Etosha and Flames Over Africa are my two favorite Munson's, I think.

Linda, I bought it again because it is such a pretty one, and especially when a clump is in bloom.
    kay

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

It seems that many pics of Choral Fantasy show poor opening. Unfortunately, I find that with many of Bill's intros, perhaps a result of an obsession with round, ruffled forms.
    Love those Emmerichs!

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

Heavenly Angel Ice is one that I must get. Love the beautiful color of W. Naughty Girl Pet, but Man of Sorrows is my very favorite today.
    Val

• Nancy Barginear
    10 years ago

Kay, they are all beautiful - awesome colors. But MAN OF SORROWS gets my vote, too!

Nancy

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

I'm joining the chorus with Man Of Sorrows. Carol Emmerich has lots of lovely daylilies. I do like the color of Naughty Girl Pet and Indian Giver is another goodie. Avedon

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

you got them again, beauties, all of them.BLUE CORN MOON is a beauty, and so is I REMEMBER YOU. love the colors in it.the naughty girl pet is a winner, too, gorgeous bloom. but, my very favorite of these is INDIAN GIVER I have admired that bloom for several years, I. most of the photos I see of it is more lavender, then purple, but I love that purple color.

jean

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Westbourne's Naughty Girl Pet and Man Of Sorrows are my picks for favorite.

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Such pretties! W. Naughty Girl Pet looks so nice. Love Man of Sorrows, great color. Sadly mine died. And my favorite is Little Light of Mine

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Mantis, I think Emmerich's do well everywhere. Choral Fantasy likes warm weather to open well.

Val, HAI is a wonderful plant for me. Naughty Girl Pet and Man of Sorrows got lots of votes today.

Thanks, Nancy. It's a great plant here.

Avedon and Jean, Indian Giver is a lovely bloom. I think the voles killed my last plant and it will take a couple years for this one to grow to great blooming size, but the blooms are pretty things.

Rita and Nate, both of them have deep colors and I love them both. Nate, you should try again. I won't give up until I've killed one I really like three times, and it hasn't happened yet. Twice , yes, (Johnny Cash) but not three times.Thanks you all for looking and commenting.
    kay

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

I love both of the vibrant watermarks (Man of Sorrows and WB Naughty Girl Pet. I tried to grow WBNGP once upon a time and never saw a single bloom. Your photo makes me wish I'd replaced it.

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths