Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tepelus

Some FFO's from this weekend :)

tepelus
14 years ago

These are all the first flowers to open on all of the plants. Some looked better than others, but none were ugly. Enjoy!

Asian Emissary

Blueberry Sunday

Carpathian Magic (with Transylvanian Sage, in the Dracula theme bed)

Laughing Clown

This one was new last year and struggled. Seems to be doing good this year. Lucky Shamrock

Ornamental Focus. Huge bloom!

Quote The Raven (nevermore!)

Schnickel Fritz

What I believe to be Siloam Jim Cooper. It's a little more red than in the picture.

Small Gesture. Hope it doubles better.

Supposed to be Pandora's Box, but it isn't. An unknown.

Whispering

Love Whispering's eye.

{{gwi:654041}}

You Angel You. Not doubling, hope it will. Cute anyway.

Thank you for looking at my pictures.

Karen

Comments (15)

• newyorkrita
    14 years ago

Its a treat looking at these lovely pictures. Those first two of Asian Emissary and Blueberry Sunday are both wowsers but I have to say the Blueberry Sunday takes the cake for me LOL. Love it.

• tepelus
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I meant to type Blueberry Sundae, not Sunday...lol! Oh well. Thank you Rita for the nice comments. When I first saw Blueberry Sundae open (and I had been waiting patiently for two years), the first word to come from my mouth was, Wow! Beautiful flower, and it held up well in the sun and heat, with very little fading. It'll be a good one to do crosses with. It was well worth the wait. BTW, the Chocolate Cherry Dreams you gave me is starting to show a scape, so maybe in a couple weeks we'll get to see how it does here in Ohio.

Karen

• petalpatsy
    14 years ago

Thanks for posting pictures! I ought to like BBS best, but maybe because it's so HOT here, the delicate frostings on Whispering seem to be my favorite today. That's a good picture of it!

• carefreeplants_2008
    14 years ago

Love them eyes and edges.
    And the colors of Ornamental Focus are amazing!

Thank you for the pictures.
    Bj

• linlily
    14 years ago

You have some real beauties there Karen. It would be hard to pick a favorite. Love your Laughing Clown though. I like really different ones, and don't care if they are older varieties. I'm adding Laughing Clown to my Wish List! Thanks for sharing,
    Linda

• tweetypye
    14 years ago

Gorgeous dl's and photos Karen....looking forward to more of your posts! :)
    Jan

• Nancy
    14 years ago

They are all lovely, my favs are Asian Emissary and Blueberry Sunday, love the edging.

• blue23rose
    14 years ago

When I saw your first two pics, Asian Emissary and Blueberry Sundae, I was drooling at the mouth. They are exactly what I need more of.

The others are very pretty too and I love that close-up of Ornamental Focus.

Thanks!

Vickie

• jean_ar
    14 years ago

Oh My Goodness.They are all just beautiful.Can't pick no favorite in these,as I love them all,especially the first two.wow.Thanks for sharing these beauties.

Jean

• Waitforspring
    14 years ago

Great pictures. Really like the first two and that eye on Ornamental Focus is really interesting.
    Val

• timberohio
    14 years ago

I'm sooo jealous. I tried to order Blueberry Sundae last year and it was sold out. I tried to order from another place this spring. They refunded my money because it had died. I love your BS and Ornamental Focus is now on my wish list.

Beautiful photos!
    Andrea

• lalalandwi
    14 years ago

GREAT pictures! Laughing Clown is my favorite!

• tepelus
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Aww, thank you everybody. You make me blush. I have plenty more daylilies still sending scapes and coming near to blooming for the first time this year, some for the first time since I planted them last year. I wish I didn't have to work at all this time of year. I miss out a lot on opportunities to take good photos of my plants. Ten in the morning seems to be the ideal time, when the lighting is just right, but I'm at work then five out of seven days of the week. Sigh. Oh well. Must make money to buy more daylilies...lol!

Karen

• organic_kitten
    14 years ago

Beautifel pictures. I love Blueberry sundae! It's really different and lovely.
    kay

• berrytea4me
    14 years ago

Very nice collection!

After seeing your picture I'm so excited to see 'Blueberry Sundae'. I discovered it at the display garden I bought. It was growing in the back fighting for water with tree roots so I brought it home & put it in a nicely ammended spot before I even looked it up to see what I had. What a pleasant surprise. Hopefully it will improve in plant condition now that it has good culture.

Your little unknown looks like another 'Siloam' but I'm not sure which one.