Software
Houzz Logo Print
kjdodson

What is this celining called?

14 years ago
last modified: 14 years ago
I am wanting to build my kitchen ceiling like this and my builder has not done before. Do you have design tips or instrutions? We are in the framing stage.
Victoria Garden Mews LEED Platinum Condos Patio · More Info

Comments (4)

  • PRO
    14 years ago
    last modified: 14 years ago
    The finish on the ceilings looks to be a plaster of some sort and the desgin of the ceiling can be sourced out on this website. http://www.archwaysandceilings.com/groin-vault/ I believe the vault that you see is refered to a s a groin vault ceiling.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I hadn't answered this question previously because the Sunterra Custom Homes person already did. But my Houzz reminder told me I hadn't answered. It is a groin vault ceiling.... And yes, the finish is plaster.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I hadn't answered this question previously because the Sunterra Custom Homes person already did. But my Houzz reminder told me I hadn't answered. It is a groin vault ceiling.... And yes, the finish is plaster.