Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
darael

How's everyone's tuberoroses?

Darael
18 years ago

Hello everyone,

I'm a little worried about my tuberoses because they seem to be growing slowly this year. So far, they've only grown to about 10 inches tall. I was wondering if it's normal or do I have a problem? So I just wanted to know how is everyone elses tuberorses or doing...are they around this size too?

Comments (20)

• bigcat_10
    18 years ago

My tuberoses are only about 6" tall right now - just starting to show signs of taking off- last year they didn't start blooming until late August, so I'm not worried yet! (I'll watch this thread to see if I should be...)

• nannyval1
    18 years ago

My tuberose's have barely grown an inch this year but the sprout and bulb is nice and healthy so alas I must have patience.

• kandhi
    18 years ago

I have started tuberose inside in pots in April 1st week. They are 1ft tall now with thick shoot in middle growing good

• jimshy
    18 years ago

My pot from last summer sprouted new growth and looks lush, but no signs of bloom spikes yet. Can't wait for this one!

Jim

• starlucidz9bdeltona
    18 years ago

This is my first year growing this I put in the ground late May I'm hoping to see flowers. But I know it might be awhile. My growth sounds about average though. At least it's holding it's own with the weeds. Too much rain here and sigh tropical wave upon wave..God keep the gulf folks safe with Dennis. Here it's just nasty clouds and heat.
    {{gwi:800140}}

• flowersandthings
    18 years ago

Lots of leaves no flowers/buds yet. I sure hope I get flowers this year. :)

• kandhi
    18 years ago

I started myne in April 2nd week indoors and now they are in pots outside. They are all flowering single and doulbe with loads of buds. Basically they need lot of watering and fertilizer during active growth. The fragrance is intoxicating. I will try to post a picture soon.

• risingpower1
    18 years ago

Mine just flopped over, however the ones I gave to my parents seem to be doing pretty well. Another one I can't grow.

RP1

• starlucidz9bdeltona
    18 years ago

Sorry Kandhi was not able to see any of your pics said page not available. My tuberose still just sending out leaves I did read for my area August is usual flowering time though. So I will try to be more patient.

• kandhi
    18 years ago

I took this pic day before yesterday at dawn.
    {{gwi:800141}}

• starlucidz9bdeltona
    18 years ago

ahhh.. thats beautiful I bet they smell beautiful too!

• flowersandthings
    18 years ago

Beautiful now..... all have burst into bloom. Situated by windows and backdoor and scent the entire room they're near. :)

• Mandy D
    18 years ago

I have loads of the double pearl variety from Hawaii and India and they have been flowering for well over a month now. I am going to have to separate them sooner or later and when I do I will be happy to give some away. Send me an email if you want to be on my mailing list.

• marlene_9ca
    18 years ago

Mandy - Mine sprouted from the winter but not yet blooming. What fertilizer do you use to bring out the flowers? Thanks!

• jimshy
    18 years ago

Growing like a weed, no blooms or spikes yet for me!

More fertilizer? A stern talking-to? It's put up or belly-up for this one!

Jim

• jasmine25
    18 years ago

My tuberose is blooming nicelybut i think it does not have as much fragrance as they had last year.am i doing some thing wrong in fertilizing iamusing miracle gro all purpose fertilizer.

• cphyfer
    18 years ago

Hi, I have planted eight large tuberose bulbs in my garden, all of which seem pretty healthy (one is blooming!). But I'm not happy with how I arranged three of them-they're a little farther down the garden as opposed to all being together in one location. Is it okay to dig those three up and move them with the others? Will this hurt them?
    Thanks!
    Carl

• Mandy D
    18 years ago

I use some Peter's bloom booster to start off the flowering and it really works for me.
    Don't worry about moving your plants to get them lumped together. They will multiply so fast and before you know it they will be everywhere and you will have to dig them up and separate them. If you don't separate them every 2-3 years they will stop flowering as much.

• marlene_9ca
    18 years ago

I finally have one stalk growing. It is now about a foot tall. Can't wait to have it blooming with the powerful fragrant, but I also noticed that the leaves are very thin and weak. What is the plant lacking? or Is this normal?