My builder uses Houzz Pro to plan the timeline and give detailed estimates and daily updates with photos of progress, and provide invoices at pre-agreed key points in the build. This made the whole experience much more efficient and stress-free.
I'm not sure what is wrong with my episcia but it looks unhealthy. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I've had it about a year. It doesn't live outside. It was only out to have its picture taken. Thanks.
I've been told, by people who know what they're talking about, unlike me!, that you should re-start episcias every year or so, or whenever they get to looking straggly. Also, yours looks basically healthy, but like it could use a little more light. They need a little more light than AVs for instance. Hope that helps!
Go to Rob's Violet Barn website. There are instructions on episcia. They do look wonderful for awhile and then they get leggy...it's their nature, you need to restart the stolens.
I buy a bag of African Violet potting soil, like peters - (nothing with the extra water holding pellets or extra time release fertilizer), and a bag of perlite. I add about 1/3 or so of perlite with 2/3 av potting soil and mix that. It is the same soil I use for my violets and it works fine with episcia.
greenelbows1
lilypad22
Related Professionals
Dalton Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Muskegon Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Elmira Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Newport Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Annapolis Landscape Contractors · Greensboro Landscape Contractors · Mason City Landscape Contractors · Middletown Landscape Contractors · Carbondale Architects & Building Designers · Myrtle Beach Architects & Building Designers · Cookeville Architects & Building Designers · Providence Architects & Building Designers · Idaho Falls Architects & Building Designers · Rapid City Architects & Building Designers · Honolulu Architects & Building DesignerstxcactusOriginal Author
lilypad22