My builder uses Houzz Pro to plan the timeline and give detailed estimates and daily updates with photos of progress, and provide invoices at pre-agreed key points in the build. This made the whole experience much more efficient and stress-free.
Sorry I don't have a photo so hopefully my description will be clear. I assumed this plant was a ginger. Each tall 'stem' coming out of the ground has dark green splotches, and from these stems, smaller green stems grow. At the end of the smaller stems, leaves in a swirl fashion grow in a sort of crescent shape with the leaves facing out. The plant is in flower (a maroon arum-looking flower). Thanks.
Thank you Tim. It is definitely an Amorphophallus. The closes I came to IDing which one I have is A. konjac K. Koch altho I couldn't see the reverse-side or leaves.
The simple answer is no, and they're not at all related. The flowers for all aroids are basicall almost identical in flower structures. I see lately my little Caldiums are no sooner up and have just a few leaves, than the biggest bulb has produced a flower that's the familiar spathe and spadix type flower. Most people would be familiar with the leaves, but few would even think about the flower and they are aroids, or the same family as the arums.
TimChapman
eloise_caOriginal Author
Related Professionals
Morgan City Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Waco Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Omaha Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Youngstown Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Vancouver Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Mountain Home Landscape Contractors · Columbia Landscape Contractors · Florence Landscape Contractors · Spring Landscape Contractors · Natchitoches Architects & Building Designers · Meridian Architects & Building Designers · Cookeville Architects & Building Designers · Hartford Architects & Building Designers · Fergus Falls Architects & Building Designers · Cody Architects & Building Designersbirdinthepalm