My builder uses Houzz Pro to plan the timeline and give detailed estimates and daily updates with photos of progress, and provide invoices at pre-agreed key points in the build. This made the whole experience much more efficient and stress-free.
The chance it will make it is not very high, you better treat your own plant right - and you will have oodles of stolons to root in a month or so.
I would try to root it in a pure vermiculite and keep it covered.
Yes - the shipment is not cheap - that's why you want to order several plants from the same vendor to offset the cost - but episcias are tender = so they need to go first class to minimize the damage.
Thanks for the input,Irina...I had lovely Episcias few years ago but lost them due to ignorance about it's culture...This time around trying to follow all instructions because I can't get enough of these beauties...raising Ruby Red Dress,Chocolate Soldier Pink Acajou and Blue Nile....Yes, they are all producing stolons and as an insurance I have already rooted few...Sue
Yes, you can root it just like you would an AV leaf. I saved an almost dead Jim's Canadian Sunset episcia that way. I put the leaf in my AV mix that was dampened and put it in a plastic bag. I made sure it did not dry out but wasn't soggy wet. I kept a close eye on it and now have a beautiful plant a few months later. I am sort of new to episcias, but have learned that they are amazing survivors.
I think I have an episcia or possibly a gloxinia plant I received from a friend. It was a cutting and she isn't sure exactly what she has. It looks like a begonia leaf, big juicy bronze leaves that look crunchy. It rooted very quickly and filled a medium size pot in about 6 weeks. The amazing part is that while it was rooting it threw out these two toned flowers too. They have orange calyxes the in the center with a yellow urn shaped flower with red stripes. Anyone got a clue? what this plant is?
snappyguy
greenzzzOriginal Author
Related Professionals
Springfield Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Somerset Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Spring Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Auburn Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Orangeburg Landscape Contractors · Plymouth Landscape Contractors · Utica Landscape Contractors · El Dorado Architects & Building Designers · Detroit Architects & Building Designers · Hackettstown Architects & Building Designers · San Angelo Architects & Building Designers · Missoula Architects & Building Designers · Seattle Architects & Building Designers · Leamington Architects & Building Designers · Bronx Architects & Building DesignersgreenzzzOriginal Author
irina_co
greenzzzOriginal Author
js_plants
perle_de_or
tiarella
irina_co