My builder uses Houzz Pro to plan the timeline and give detailed estimates and daily updates with photos of progress, and provide invoices at pre-agreed key points in the build. This made the whole experience much more efficient and stress-free.
Can anyone tell me about this? I purchased a pot at a local farmer's market and I'm afraid to plant it in the ground after doing some research. Does it take over? Can I just keep it in a pot? Thanks.
I grew this plant in the ground several years ago. It survived the first winter but not the second. I really loved the red stripe in the middle of the leaves. I have tried various Curcumas over the last 8 years and none have shown even the slightest hint at being invasive. At least in my area, I'd be surprised if they were hardy enough to ever become invasive.
I love the curcumas; however, the eletea and domestica are very invasive at least in my yard. They are all around my potting bench and over in the woods where I dump the culls. It's kinda of like drowning in ice cream. I have some beauties! Lynn
This isn't the type you cook with. These just have pretty foliage and beautiful flowers. Start with a rhizome from the grocery store to get the cooking kind.
The Study of Zingiberaceae in Thailand, by Puangpen Sirirugsa - Curcuma zedoaria Rosc. Distinguished characters.- The rhizome pale yellow or white inside. The coma bracts dark red to purple. Thailand.- NORTHERN: Chiang Rai, Chiang Mai; EASTERN: Nakhon Ratchasima, CENTRAL: Saraburi; SOUTHEASTERN: Trat. Distribution.- India (Himalaya), Southeast Asia. Uses.- Young rhizome is eaten as vegetable soup. Rhizomes are used in relief of stomachache and as a carminative. It is also used in perfumery. Leaves are used for flavoring fish and other food.
This species was popular during the Middle Ages-Rennaissance, it was called "zoary". It was used medicinally and for seasoning food. You'll stumble across it from time to time in old "receipts".
LisaCLV
GAAlan
Related Professionals
Branson Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Traverse City Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Cleveland Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Kalispell Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Calgary Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Tulsa Landscape Contractors · Norfolk Landscape Contractors · Milwaukee Landscape Contractors · Palm Desert Landscape Contractors · Las Cruces Landscape Contractors · Bartlesville Architects & Building Designers · Hartford Architects & Building Designers · Stamford Architects & Building Designers · South Bend Architects & Building Designers · La Grande Architects & Building Designerscurdog007
salt_cedar
amytaOriginal Author
salt_cedar
amytaOriginal Author
User