My builder uses Houzz Pro to plan the timeline and give detailed estimates and daily updates with photos of progress, and provide invoices at pre-agreed key points in the build. This made the whole experience much more efficient and stress-free.
Anyone recognize this Hedychium? I bought it from Stokes and it was supposed to be H. spicatum 'White Wings', but of course it is not. It began blooming around June 30 and it is always way ahead of any other Hedychium I have. Has narrow leaves and no scent. Picture taken July 7.
Tedlyxx, do you grow H. coccineum? I have thought all along it most closely resembeled this species, but I didn't know for sure. Great little plant, but seems odd to see a Hedychium in full bloom and have absolutely no fragrance!
My H. coccineum has no fragrance, as do a lot of its hybrids. I only keep a small patch of the plant since mine grows about 9' tall and is very thin and lanky. I have several of its hybrids that are shorter, more robust, and have larger flowers with the same color.
tedlyxx
GAAlanOriginal Author
Related Professionals
Belleville Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Madison Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Ashland Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Frederick Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Charlotte Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Frisco Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Newark Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Rutland Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Branson Landscape Contractors · Jackson Landscape Contractors · Keene Landscape Contractors · Ithaca Landscape Contractors · Billings Landscape Contractors · Plymouth Architects & Building Designers · Sanford Architects & Building Designerstedlyxx