Dichorisandra thyrsiflora 'Blue Ginger'
21 years ago
I know this is not really a ginger, but I figured that the people here could probably help me the best. I saw this plant growing at Peckerwood Gardens in Hempstead, and it was thriving, and according to them it is the oldest perrenial in thier garden. I got one last year, and thank goodness I took some cuttings, because only the cuttings survived. The original plant croaked. What I want to know is if anyone can give me some advice on where to plant this plant? Has anyone had long term success with this one? I live in NOrth HOuston Tx, almost in zone 8b. This I have two of these plants growing in 3 gallon container and I want to put atleast one of them in the ground. I guess I should email Peckerwood/Yuccado too, and ask them for advice.

Sponsored
bihai
plantaholic
Related Professionals
Dayton Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Enfield Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Webster Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Manchester Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Palm Bay Landscape Contractors · Cambridge Landscape Contractors · Killeen Landscape Contractors · Newburyport Landscape Contractors · Potsdam Landscape Contractors · Toledo Landscape Contractors · Tucson Landscape Contractors · Baltimore Architects & Building Designers · Parkersburg Architects & Building Designers · Detroit Architects & Building Designers · Phoenix Architects & Building Designers