Hedychium Greenii
22 years ago
Although I have successfully grown quite a few gingers, I cannot succeed with this one. They always seem to rot out on me. The obvious answer would seem to be too much water. However, I've been told that they require more water than the other hedychiums to bloom.
What are their requirements regarding sun/shade?
I'd love to try again because this is a very beautiful plant. However, I am hesitant to throw my money away on something I still might not be able to grow.
And oh yes. I used Osmocote as fertilize.
Oh yes. I'm located almost exactly on the zone 8a/8b line in Mississippi.
Thanks for any help you can offer.

Sponsored
cactusfreak
Related Professionals
Fayetteville Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Charleston Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Houston Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Kankakee Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Brainerd Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Waycross Landscape Contractors · Florence Landscape Contractors · Westminster Landscape Contractors · Charlottesville Landscape Contractors · Redding Landscape Contractors · Medford Landscape Contractors · Owensboro Architects & Building Designers · Hannibal Architects & Building Designers · Houston Architects & Building Designers · Sarnia Architects & Building Designers