Advice on curcuma & costus speciosus
19 years ago
Hi all-
I live in Mobile, AL & recently purchased two beautiful ginger plants (my first!). They aren't lookin' too good right now. The Curcuma Red Giant Ginger's leaves are turning yellow. The Costus Speciosus Variegated Crepe ginger's leaves are turning brown (not dry brown) & curling up & the bottom stem has lost its lovely red color. The tags for both say partial to full shade, so I have put them under my azaleas & kept thm in their pots. It has been fairly dry here, until two days ago, when we got alot of rain. They weren't looking too good before the rain & I was hoping the rain would perk them up, to no avail. Should I move them to a brighter location? Are they going dormant for the winter?

Sponsored
lac1361
chena
Related Professionals
Salisbury Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Joplin Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Gulfport Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Yakima Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Barnstable Landscape Contractors · Portland Landscape Contractors · Rutland Landscape Contractors · Pittsburg Architects & Building Designers · Fayetteville Architects & Building Designers · McAllen Architects & Building Designers · Orange County Architects & Building Designers · Denver Architects & Building Designers · Idaho Falls Architects & Building Designers · Medford Architects & Building Designers · Sarnia Architects & Building Designersbirdlady_liz
curdog007
chellsgram
lac1361